Author Topic: Dry Emboss Vellum --- Winner Announced!  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Dry Emboss Vellum --- Winner Announced!
« on: January 31, 2020, 06:12:21 PM »
I love the look of embossed vellum and I saw this card where she used stamps to stamp her background and then dry embossed over her stamping to make the image appear on the other side.

You can either use one stamp over and over again stamped onto your vellum background, that is the whole size of your card or you can use a background stamp that you trace, just remember you don't want it to intricate. You can use other stamps on top I used the same stamp as I used for the background but you don't have to.

Here is a link to the tutorial I found.  http://mypapercreations.blogspot.com/2008/07/papertrey-blog-hop-vellum.html

She mentions going over it twice and I think that made it stand out really nice.  You will want a dark background to put it against also to make it stand out more, but that's up to you, just what I found to look nicer.

When posting use WF20 - Dry embossing.   Please no combining with other challenges.  I will send a goody package to a random drawn participant.

I will post my card in the morning.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 09:08:54 PM by Conniecrafter »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Dry Emboss Vellum
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 07:30:16 AM »
What a neat way to use stamps! I see this tutorial is from 2008, but I am not 100% sure I have seen it before.  I will be having fun with this!

When I see an old tutorial like this, I always want to see if the person is still blogging.  I saw her latest post is from 2017, and by then she had switched to quilting.  That is fun too. 

Thank you for hosting Connie!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 09:15:47 AM »
Thanks for hosting this challenge.  I have never tried this technique before.  Looking forward to diving in--after the hard decision of what stamp to use.
Beth

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 09:20:00 AM »
I have not tried this before either. This will be fun!

April :smile:

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 09:39:25 AM »
This is very pretty. I agree, the stamp choice is what may take the longest!
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 10:43:48 PM »
Connie, I love the look of embossed vellum.  Does the Versamark ink dry on vellum? 

Daria

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2020, 05:17:37 PM »
I worked hard on this, was using wrong style tools. Add I couldn’t make it happen correctly.  Finally I dumped my drawer, found correct tool.  Then I went much better.  I kept thinking, it was cause I didn’t have plain white vellum.  I have lots of the stuff with patterns on it, and pink and blue.
But it was the tool!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/albums/userpics/11227/550CA326-3587-4721-A717-60070638FB36.jpeg
Born on the fourth of July

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2020, 08:36:37 PM »
Very pretty, Sheila! It looks so nice with the ribbon and the matching stamped flower.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 05:17:35 AM »
What a beautiful card, Sheila.  Your flowers embossed beautifully.  The flowers you added are so pretty. 
Beth

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2020, 10:29:40 AM »
Sheila, your card is so lovely! Great job. I am hoping to get to this soon!

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2020, 09:42:23 AM »
Wow Sheila that turned out just beautiful, I never thought to try and emboss the whole stamp I was just looking for out line stamps!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2020, 09:43:52 AM »
Are you guys wiping off the Versamark ink somehow or just leaving it? I think it will dry eventually but I’m not sure. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2020, 02:05:27 PM »
Heidi, I went over the inked side with my stylus and that probably wipes it off as you go. Then you are also flipping it over to the back side where you stamped so the ink will be under the piece instead of on top of the card.

I am glad for this challenge because I found so much vellum that I did not know I had! Lots of patterned vellum and a lot of different thicknesses. Now I will have to use them! LOL!

Here is my entry.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4776#top_display_media

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2020, 12:38:16 PM »
Thank you for the reply. I did just let the remaining Versamark dry, and it was shiny in places, but it didn’t matter since it was on the back. 

I really liked this technique and would like to try it again.  I am actually low on vellum and had to use some yellow!  I would like to try the heavier weight and see if it is easier. I had to use a VERY light touch not to break through this vellum. 

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4782#top_display_media

Thanks for the challenge!
~~Heidi~~