Author Topic: What do you think of a monthly Christmas gift challenge  (Read 1503 times)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
What do you think of a monthly Christmas gift challenge
« on: January 03, 2016, 11:31:02 AM »
I think I've mentioned on several threads that I make Christmas gifts every year and that I need to start working on them earlier than I usually do. So I'm thinking of starting a monthly challenge to get those of us who make gifts to get an earlier start this year.  I'm just not sure how to structure it.  Or if anyone would be interested in it. 

So what do you think? Any interest? Any thoughts?

Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: What do you think of a monthly Christmas gift challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 04:50:10 PM »
I would be interested, but a lot of my gifts might not have stamping except a tag.  I also would benefit from a time period for brain-storming.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 11:00:32 AM »
I like the idea, but I made photo cards to give away all year long.  Nothing specific for Christmas - But I would love to see what others come up with.

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 04:40:03 PM »
I'm interested! I made several for 2015.

Maybe a theme or surface challenge? Or you could maybe post links to a project for inspiration?
LeighAnn

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 08:37:35 PM »
I like the idea of a brainstorming period. 

I'm concerned about coming up with something that is flexible enough to work for everyone who wants to participate.  The idea of posting links for project inspiration might work. 

I'm going to think on this a bit more and post January's thread by the end of the week.
Sarah

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 11:55:40 AM »
Interesting idea for a challenge, Nerd! O0 Long as we're brainstorming about it, I'll throw in some suggestions...

Employing stamps would be my first choice for this sort of a gift challenge--not necessarily limited to just Christmas.

Possibilities are numerous & given that many of us have both numerous stamps, inks & other materials? We could find lots of ways to employ our stamps in many gifty items.

I enjoyed using stamps to impress clays & doughs to make ornaments, jewelry & home décor items. I also liked doing stamps on clothing & home dec fabrics as gifts--sometimes as just the image & other times as the pattern for embroidery (hand &/or machine)
Daniel

Offline Scrappymo!

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 01:15:46 PM »
I am hoping to make some shadow boxes that have an insert with a  stamped silhouette and a phrase. I may have to enlarge the finished stamped insert to fit the frame.

Some ideas I have are a horse drawn sleigh stamp I have with the Phrase Jingle all the way. Somehow, I would like to include Jingle Bells.

Another shadow box idea is a Nativity stamp with an appropriate sentiment and a bit of hay in the bottom of the shadow box.

Finally, I like to make themed card sets. For example, I have mentioned b4 that mu younger sister went to the Olympics for 3Day Eventing. I always make here equestrian themed card sets.  For a dog love, Canine themed cards would be great, etc.

All out of ideas now!

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 06:25:41 PM »
Great ideas, Mo.
Sarah