Author Topic: Misti stamping tool!  (Read 10623 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Misti stamping tool!
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2015, 07:45:59 AM »
Good info!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2016, 01:54:51 PM »
I just saw a blogger's post saying My Sweet Petunia will be releasing a Misti for card makers in March and is offering a special pre-order pricing on her blog.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2016, 02:18:51 PM »
Thanks for the info Jan.

Here is her blog post introducing it:
http://blog.mysweetpetunia.com/2016/01/mini-misti.html

There is a video there.

If you click over to her shop, it is priced at $40 now, sale.  $45 regular.

I do not think she should have said that she had this size all along. I bet a lot of people are going to wish they had the smaller one in the first place. I do like the size of this MUCH better. I will be watching to see if there are the same quality issues with the small one. It may be that the size of it eliminates some of the issues that there were with the big one. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2016, 11:38:40 AM »
Yeah, I'm not sure why she pointed out that she's had the smaller size all along. 

I got the regular Misti for my birthday and it isn't that big.  It is smaller than my paper trimmer.  I'm still on a bit of a learning curve with it.  But it has saved some projects when the image did not stamp properly the first time.  And I definitely regret not getting the magnets.  I've had some issues with sticky stamps lifting the paper out of place. 
Sarah

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2016, 02:22:13 PM »
You can get some magnets on amazon that work really well with the Misti.  I bet you could even pick up some good magnets at a craft store.......
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2016, 08:45:36 AM »
In a CHA video I saw that there is also going to be a Mega Misti which is the size of a 12 by 12 scrapbook paper. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2016, 11:22:52 AM »
Hey Sadie, do you know what magnets those are from Amazon?  Because I've tried a variety of magnets that I have around my house and none of them are strong enough.
Sarah

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2016, 11:34:34 AM »
They need to be these: Neodymium Iron Boron (NdFeB) Rare Earth Magnets.  I got a package of ten for $6.99 which is not available right now but if you do a search some should come up.  Mine were 10 Neodymium Super Strong Extremly Powerful Rare Earth Refrigerator Magnets 1/2 x 1/8 Inch Disc N48.  They work really well, I broke one of them when they popped onto each other from a distance.  They are really hard to get to separate if they find each other.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 11:50:20 AM by CarefreeSadie »
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2016, 09:18:02 PM »
Thanks for the info Sadie.
Sarah