Author Topic: Ways to make small stashs do more  (Read 3808 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: Ways to make small stashs do more
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 06:27:37 AM »
I have always wanted to add my own personal touch to my stamping.  Redesigning a stamp with a little surgery is a great way to give a stamp a facelift! I can become wicked with a knife when I come across a stamp that doesn't fit my style because it seems I can always find some useful parts.   

A another method of extending stashes is to make a peg set of alphabet stamps easier and fast to use by laying out a word with the appropriate pegs next to each other and then wrapping a rubber band with around the center of the wooden pegs and stamp them as 1 stamp.

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2017, 08:12:57 AM »
TY for the pegging tip Jan!
I'm with u on surgery. It's a useful tool. Biggest prob i have is keeping track of all the parts after surgery.
Daniel

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 12:25:03 PM »
Same here.  I bought a "Spring Fling" dollar stamp a long time ago, mostly because I liked the dotted circle frame around it.  I cut out the sentiment so I could re-insert it, or just use the frame.  With long sentiments, sometimes I cut them apart, sometimes I mask to rearrange.

Daniel's "Kit in an envelope" comes to mind regarding limited supplies.  I enjoyed making something mostly from the supplies included in the kit.

Another way to get more from your stamps is with the reflection, or mirror image technique.  You could get two bears for the price of one!  I mostly think of the Stampin Up Lovely as a Tree set when I think of reflection stamping but I saw a cool way to reflect a sentiment today, in this older youtube video.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 12:29:03 PM »
I like that video for the reflection of a sentiment, Cindi!  Thanks for sharing it!
~~Heidi~~