Author Topic: Trimmers  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Trimmers
« on: November 30, 2017, 08:55:25 AM »
As long as Jan is working on her wish list ... I've been thinking about putting a new paper trimmer on my list.  Any opinions on trimmers?  Does anyone have one that they love?

My LSS put a trimmer on sale on Cyber Monday.  She has the Cutterpillar Pro.  She was asking $99.  Cyber Monday is over but I think I might still be able to find it at that price.  I watched a few videos ... I'm not sure if I would like it or not for a few reasons
1.  no paper/finger guard to help hold the paper in place
2.  no measurements to the right of the blade

The other trimmer I have been considering is the Tonic guillotine trimmer recommended by Kristina Werner.
Are they worth it? video
Again, I think I would miss not having any measurements to the right of the blade.  Would I get used to it?  This one is much less expensive and does have a finger guard.

I just want clean, accurate, "square" cuts, meaning if I butt paper up against the guide at the top, I want a 90degree angle when I cut! 

I love to hate my newish Fiskars rail trimmer.  Ugh.  Blades dull really fast.  At least they don't fall out as often as on my old version ... still, not very happy, and it was expensive (except I had a good coupon).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 08:59:10 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Trimmers
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 10:07:56 AM »
I would love to know this too.  I have two fiskars trimmers.  The one has the wire guide and those blades wear fast!  I find myself using my OLD fiskars guillotine. It is a small one (only measures out to 5 inches), but it really cuts nice edges and is square.  BUT, the thing you press down on to hold the paper sometimes leaves a little dent. 

I have looked at the Cutterpillar before.  I wonder about it!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: Trimmers
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 12:45:10 PM »
That’s what I had, two Fiskars wire trimmers and frayed the wires.  I bought the sturdier rail trimmer and that goes through blades even faster than the wire one. 
Cindi