Author Topic: Flocking  (Read 1260 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Flocking
« on: January 07, 2015, 05:40:35 PM »
I know many people really think flocking isn't worth its time (it IS messy!), but I bought some on clearance because I thought it might look cute for some Valentines and I had some questions.

My flocking has some balls all stuck together in it.  Is this because it is old? I had expected it to be more powdery???  I actually put some through a sieve to break it up.

I used my Ranger sticky embossing powder to apply it, and I used versafine/pigment ink underneath (same color as flock) and that combo is what worked best for me.  I wondered how others apply it?

TIA!
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Re: Flocking
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 10:27:36 AM »
Heidi, the loose flocking I have used always seems to be clumped together, but it didn't seem to matter since I thought, to apply, your suppose to rub it around the place you are to use it---so it kinda breaks it up......though I am not sure if this is actually the correct way to use it.   

I have used loose flocking and flocking sheets with double sided stickers (I guess you call them that) and that worked really well.  I often forget though that I have the stickers to use....or the stickers will not be the style/design I want to use.

I have not thought about using it with pigment ink!  I have always applied my sticky EP with Versamark!  I totally have to try pigment ink now.....   I have mixed result with using the flock with sticky EP---sometimes the flocking really sticks and other times, not so much.  I guess I need to practice more with the sticky EP...I cannot seem to get the hang of it.

I am interested in how others use the flocking!

~~Melissa :)