Author Topic: Christmas All Year - May 2019  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year - May 2019
« on: May 01, 2019, 07:45:23 PM »
This is going to be the month that I make some Christmas cards, right?  :knuppel2:

Well, whether or not I get it done, I sure hope you will make some cards this month.

The letter is

E

I have a technique video to share using Enamel Accents.
I think I originally learned this way back when I was tole painting.  So, if you don't have enamel accents (Ranger makes black and white that can usually be found in the big box stores if you don't have Wendy's colors) ... you can do the same thing with acrylic paint and the pointy handle of your paint brush.  For some reason these little dots are lots of fun.  See what you think!

The most common E themes are probably elves and evergreens but feel free to use any images you want.

Happy Christmas stamping this May!
As always please post in the Christmas All Year 2019 album in the gallery and link up here  O0
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year - May 2019
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 10:07:58 PM »
You know I learned to do that with paint too when I use to tole paint but never thought to do that on my cards, I have done little dots with my fine tip sharpie pen but never with the drops, she has a lot of pretty colors there, but i do have the white and black enamel already :) Great idea, I may have to try this with some of my Nuvo drops that I can not get to work right at all :)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 09:44:52 AM »
Thanks for the video. I might try this with my Liquid Pearls!

April :smile:

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 05:07:46 PM »
Thanks for the challenge. I might have to try that sometime too. 

Non Christmas E’s that come to mind immediately
1) Elephants
2) Eggplant
3) Endgame
4) Edamame
5) Eagle

Christmas words that start with E that come to mind immediately
1) Eve
2).....???????? I need to work on it....

~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 11:56:29 AM »
Heidi ...
1.eve
2.elf
3.evergreen

Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 07:58:21 AM »
Connie, yes!  I learned to make the dots while tole painting too, and I don't think to do it on cards.

April, your cards are beautiful!  Did you try the technique that uses a ball stylus?  Your snow flakes are so tiny and pretty.  Thanks for using the prompts!  Enamel dots and lots of evergreens.

I just bought my first Nuvo drop.  At the last minute I was able to go to Scrapbook Expo Orlando, for the day on Friday.  One of the booths had them for $2.  I chose a Crystal drop, gloss, in Simply White.  I have resisted buying them because I'm always afraid they won't dry completely in FL humidity.  For $2 I'll give it a try.

Time is flying!  Hmmm, I did buy a Christmas-y stamp in Akron ... I'll have to get that out this week!  It's almost June.
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 09:25:00 AM »
Yes, Cindi, I used the stylus method to make my dots. I have never done that before. It makes the dots more even I think.

April :smile:

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 10:15:10 AM »
I have been trying it but haven't had the greatest results but maybe I have been a bit stingy on the amount I put out to dab into.

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2019, 04:27:25 PM »
Here is my first Christmas Card for this year.  Thanks so much, Cindi, for this challenge.

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4499#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2019, 10:39:26 AM »
Nora, your card is beautiful!

Connie, I think the enamel dots are less dimensional when you dot them on with a stylus, but that helps them dry faster.  Maybe the larger end of a stylus?  Or the end of a paint brush?  Or forget it, if you're good straight out of the bottle, do that! 
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2019, 01:45:45 PM »
My first Christmas card.  I made five of these.
Silly Reindeer

I just saw the prompt, and I thought about putting enamel accents on the hooves of my reindeer or on its nose.  I was afraid of messing up and ruining the card.  I've done that in the past when adding enamel dots.  If I had seen the prompt, I might have worked up the courage to give it a try.  lol.  I'll check out the video.

Daria

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2019, 08:21:55 AM »
No problem Daria, prompts are always optional! 

I'm glad you made five!  Coming up with an image and a layout you like is the hardest part.  You might as well get some mileage out of that hard work and make a few, or a few dozen, ha!

I don't blame you for not wanting to mess up with the enamels.  Maybe try it on a blank image first, or add white dots for snow, and stay away from the nicely colored image.

I can't believe it is the end of May!  My daughter's 33rd birthday!  I must have been really young when I had her, right?  haha! 

Watch for May's prompt, coming soon.
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2019, 10:12:49 AM »
I finished my cards last night, had found these stickers a few weeks back while looking for something else and thought they would be perfect for the "E" prompt but it took me this long to finally get around to making them.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4504#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4505#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4506#top_display_media

Well once again I only managed 3 instead of the 5 I had hoped to do each month, but I managed to use some old supplies, I bought those stickers from the Dollar store many years ago

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2019, 12:17:25 PM »
Your stickers are so cute!  Great way to put them to use.  I love your little scenes.  Way to go getting 3 cards done.
Cindi