Author Topic: INK15 Show 'Em Some Love - Winner Posted  (Read 8960 times)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
INK15 Show 'Em Some Love - Winner Posted
« on: October 16, 2015, 08:09:03 PM »
I'm keeping this one fairly simple.  I was cleaning up my craft space (again) and I noticed how many new stamps I have.  So I want you to show those never before used stamps some love.

Requirements: Use at least one previously unused image stamp to create a project.  It can be a card, ATC, tag, scrapbook page, whatever you want. 

Bonus entry for the RAK if you use another never before used item on the card, i.e. embossing folder, dies, embellishments, ribbon, ink, anything in your stash other than a stamp. 

I know there are several Inkers that have moved recently or are planning to move and have engaged in major purges.  So if you do not have an unused stamp in you collect  :o, you can use a stamp that you haven't used in the last 6 months. 

Be sure to include SESLINK15 as a keyword when you post your project to the gallery.  And link your project to this thread.

Combining challenges: But of course, as long as the other host allows combos.

Deadline: You have until midnight your local time on Sunday Oct. 25 to post your project.

Sample

Since I used watercolor markers that I hadn't used before on this piece, it would count twice for the RAK drawing. 

I think that covers it.  But feel free to ask any questions here.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 05:30:38 PM by Craft Nerd »
Sarah

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Re: INK15 Show 'Em Some Love
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 09:09:55 AM »
I noticed in Iring's challenge, she encouraged you to go out an buy a new stamp if you want.  For my challenge it should be a stamp you already own and has been neglected.  The idea is to use the stuff you have not get more.   Hence the 6 month unused option.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 12:17:13 PM »
Yeah! I have LOTS of new stamps right now and I am itching to use them. I do also have a few border embossing folders I have never used and also a regular embossing folder.  Heck, I even have a new paper pad. LOL!

Thanks for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 12:51:37 PM »
Oh yes, I have some new stamps and stencils that I very much want to get inky...this is definitely on my list!
Thanks for hosting Sarah!
...Jan

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 01:20:20 PM »
I've got quite a few stamps that are dying to get dirty! Can wait to play, thanks for hosting Sarah!
LeighAnn

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 02:02:17 PM »
Ok, I just went to a yard sale at my local stamp store and got some new to me stamps, is that allowed or do we want stamps that are bought new never used by anybody before ?  Either way I have some of both so it doesn't matter, I just have one in mind for my nephews birthday coming up :)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 03:35:07 PM »
Connie - they don't have to be brand new stamps, just stamps you've never inked.  So the yard sale stamps are perfect.
Sarah

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 07:06:54 PM »
Thanks, they are perfect for the masculine cards I need to get done this month :)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2015, 09:28:06 PM »
I had made one of these pocket type letters for the granddaughter so I figured I should do one for the grandson who lives in the same house.  There are several new things on the four little cards, the cards are around 4 inches by 4 inches.

Here is my entry for this challenge.  Thank you for looking.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2015, 10:03:59 PM »
Blush!  I know, I'm an enabler ... didn't want to stop anyone from shopping if they just NEEDED a new stamp.  ;)  Your suggestion is great too.  Definitely should use what we have, and when we find stamps we haven't used in 6 mos or more, they can feel like new again!

I will not need to shop to do your challenge.  I have some stamps and a new die just waiting patiently for someone to play with them!
Cindi

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2015, 10:29:02 PM »
Sadie - what a cool piece and way to use 7 never before used items.  O0  I'm sure grandson will love it.

Cindi - nothing wrong with being an enabler.   :smile:
Sarah

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2015, 09:57:23 AM »
Well, I just got back from a stamp show so I have lots of new stuff! I really helped those vendors out with my money! LOL! I can certainly do this challenge.

April

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2015, 02:52:59 PM »
I had no problem with using new stuff since I just got back from a stamp show! Here is my entry. Thanks for the fun challenge!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2050#top_display_media

April

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2015, 08:37:20 PM »
Great card, Stampwilly.  I really like your new die. 
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2015, 07:02:47 PM »
What a wonderful combination of challenges to get me to crack open some ink for this beautiful large stamp!  Thanks for hosting this fun challenge!
Here is my link.

...Jan