Author Topic: INK15 Marbles Roll!  (Read 8330 times)

Offline djc

• Stampers
Re: INK15 Marbles Roll!
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2015, 09:07:04 AM »
I made six backgrounds yesterday.   I hope I use at least one of them in a card today.  We'll see.

I liked using the VersaMark as the ink and EP for the colors.  That way I didn't have to keep changing out the color of the ink. 

Thank you for the challenge,
Daria

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2015, 10:27:13 AM »
Yippy Daria, so glad you finally found some time to play!  Hope to see your marbled backgrounds in addition to your card if you have time!

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2015, 03:58:30 PM »
I made a card!  If you had asked me this morning, I didn't think it was going to happen, but here it is after all.

Marbles Roll Card

I've used this technique before, but never with embossing.  There are clear advantages to using VersaMark Ink and just changing out the EP--only one clean up at the end of the session.  I even walked away from it and went back hours later to continue making new pieces without having to clean up in between sessions.  I could use more than one color without having to clean out the box (or use two separate boxes) before changing colors.  Very cool!

Thank you for the challenge.
Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2015, 06:32:47 PM »
Great card Daria! I agree that the Versamark makes this technique a touch easier and less messy.  I actually just wipes out my container I was using and put the stamps back in, it was that easy. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2015, 10:17:40 PM »
Made it just in time for the 2nd chance challenge!

I tried the marble technique first with liquid matte medium ... didn't leave enough glue on the paper ...
I tried again with Versamark reinker.  I made two backgrounds, one with Christmas colors and one more fall-ish. 

I did make kind of a mess, but that's because the tinsel EP made a cloud of glitter when I hit it with the heat gun!  And another EP did not fit back in to the jar it came out of, it expanded I guess and overflowed on to the counter.  I'm happy with the card I made, so it was worth it!

Holly

Thanks for the challenge Jan!  I would not have tried this without your prompt!
Cindi