Author Topic: Chatty Game: Interview  (Read 5982 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Chatty Game: Interview
« on: January 24, 2016, 06:35:37 PM »
1) What crafty item do you like to work with the most?
2) What crafty item do you like to work with the least?
3) What was the last crafty item you purchased?
4) Have you used it yet?
5) What crafter's blog do you read? (If you read more than one, just pick one).
6) Name the last stamping magazine you have read?
7) What is your favorite brand of stamps?
8) What is your favorite brand of ink?
9) What coloring method do you use the most?
10) What is one question you would like to ask the other Stampers?
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Chatty Game: Interview
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 07:16:15 PM »
1) What crafty item do you like to work with the most?   there are so many! Distress inks I guess
2) What crafty item do you like to work with the least?    sewing
3) What was the last crafty item you purchased?             dies
4) Have you used it yet?                                                   yes
5) What crafter's blog do you read? (If you read more than one, just pick one).   I don't -- I just look around on line randomly at crafty things
6) Name the last stamping magazine you have read?       I don't get them anymore, just use internet
7) What is your favorite brand of stamps?                        Stampendous
8) What is your favorite brand of ink?                               Distress
9) What coloring method do you use the most?               copics
10) What is one question you would like to ask the other Stampers?    Where do you get your inspiration for your cards?

April :smile:

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 08:48:15 PM »
1) What crafty item do you like to work with the most? this is so hard! stamps I guess, and then lately yarn 
2) What crafty item do you like to work with the least? loose glitter, it gets everywhere!
3) What was the last crafty item you purchased? a die set
4) Have you used it yet? nope.
5) What crafter's blog do you read? (If you read more than one, just pick one). I haven't been consistently reading any lately.  I'm taking part in Nathalie Kalbach's Creative Jump Start this month.  Here is her website.
6) Name the last stamping magazine you have read?  Probably Stamper's Sampler
7) What is your favorite brand of stamps?  oooh, so many choices, Purple Onion Designs maybe?
8) What is your favorite brand of ink?  Latest favorite is Versafine and VersaMagic
9) What coloring method do you use the most? Tombow markers blended out with a water brush
10) What is one question you would like to ask the other Stampers?  How do you store your dies?  I'm wanting to reorganize mine.
Cindi

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 09:16:39 PM »
1) What crafty item do you like to work with the most? Right now? Canvases
2) What crafty item do you like to work with the least? printed cross-stich, I'm doing a tree skirt for my mom and cursing a lot.
3) What was the last crafty item you purchased? some stamps & dies that were supposed to arrive yesterday but didn't  :(
4) Have you used it yet? No because they aren't here yet
5) What crafter's blog do you read? (If you read more than one, just pick one). Understanding Blue by Lydia because I follow it by email so the whole post shows up in my inbox on my kindle Understanding Blue
6) Name the last stamping magazine you have read? I don't know that I have
7) What is your favorite brand of stamps? You ask the hard questions.  I'll go with the one that I've been using the most during WF - Penny Black
8) What is your favorite brand of ink? Stamping - Versafine; coloring - Distress Ink
9) What coloring method do you use the most? Copic
10) What is one question you would like to ask the other Stampers? What is your favorite type of embellishment?

Stampwilly's question: Where do you get your inspiration for your cards? online, catalogs, here, sometimes from the stamps or other materials I'm working with

Iring's question: How do you store your dies?  I'm wanting to reorganize mine. Art Bin Magnetic Die Storage Case, which reminds me, I need to order some more magnetic sheets Art Bin Magnetic Die Storage Case
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 09:27:10 PM »
Haha Sarah!  I hate printed cross stitch too!  It's a pain in the butt to try and cover the printing.  I used to do counted cross stitch.  Hopefully I'll get back to it some day, when I get a better pair of close-up glasses!

Thanks for answering my die storage question!  I think my favorite embellishment is buttons ... and I probably have enough that I will never run out!

Stampwilly - I get a lot of inspiration here and on pinterest.  I also like to watch youtube technique videos.
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 04:04:43 AM »
Thanks Heidi for the fun interview!

1) What crafty item do you like to work with the most?    Whatever I am working on at the moment.
2) What crafty item do you like to work with the least?    I have declared my home a “no loose glitter zone”.  I totally agree Cindi the mess is not worth it!  Too many other products can provide beautiful sparkle too.
3) What was the last crafty item you purchased?  Elizabeth Craft dies.  Thanks Daria for the post announcement!
4) Have you used it yet?  They are in the mail
5) What crafter's blog do you read? (If you read more than one, just pick one).  OH My only 1?...I must subscribe to more than 30!  But I selectively open them according to the major focus I am working on. 
6) Name the last stamping magazine you have read? Craft Stamper...published in the UK.  I stopped in Barnes and Noble this weekend.  It’s-our one store with a large magazines section of crafting magazines and half of the section has been taken over by coloring books. And yikes hardly any stamping magazines-including all the Stampington publications.   But they had 3 Craft Stamper magazines…and no longer in plastic bags.
7) What is your favorite brand of stamps? I don’t claim to have 1 favorite. But I do keep up with Hero Arts, Penny Black, Impression Obsession and Stamper’s Anonymous.
8) What is your favorite brand of ink?  Distress inks.
9) What coloring method do you use the most?  Techniques that don't require coloring nooks and crannies.
10)  What keeps you most energized about stamping?

Cindi-New Die storage--I too am looking for new storage ideas!  I have 2 Art Bin containers filled with dies and magnet sheets.  They are too heavy for my weak hands to easily maneuver.  I recently purchased a Totally Tiffiany die holder.  It has removable sheets with layered pockets inside storage pockets…but nothing to hold the dies in place and no internal closure on the pockets.  When the container is tilted in the least amount the dies fall out of the pockets.  I give this product a big thumbs down…a zip lock bag would be a lot cheaper.

April-card inspiration--I agree with the other posted suggestions. 

Sarah-Fav embellishments-handmade complimenting bits and pieces.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 04:14:21 AM by Far North »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 11:58:34 AM »
Jan, thanks so much for your review of die storage products!!  I've stood in front of the Totally Tiffany containers in Joanns debating and debating ... Same thing with the ArtBins, I have resisted them because I'm afraid I have too many dies to fit in just one.

A few years ago I made a ring binder out of the cardboard backing on Canson watercolor spiral pads.  It's too thick for the spiral so I use 3 loose binder rings.
The binder fit in an old SU Punch Bunch tin.  Well, you know what happened ... I outgrew it!  Now I have two tins, but the they are just tossed in to the second tin in their original packaging.  (each watercolor page of the notebook was lined with a few strips of sticky magnet roll)

My most recent thought has been to put them in Totally Tiffany Fab Four page protectors with magnetic fabric sheets cut to fit.  Any thoughts?
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 11:59:24 AM »
 ??? Sorry Heidi, I didn't mean to hi jack your thread!
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 12:25:14 PM »
More comments on die storage: I initially started with nested dies and stored them in clear plastic CD cases. I cut advertisement magnets into strips for each side and still store 2 nested sets per case and they still work great! But the problem is almost every type of product we use now comes in multiple shapes and sizes making organizing a costly and challenging task.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 12:26:56 PM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 01:39:05 PM »
??? Sorry Heidi, I didn't mean to hi jack your thread!

Actually, that is kind of the point of this.  Let's answer the interview questions, and feel free to also discuss the questions that people use for number 10!
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 03:07:28 PM »
1) What crafty item do you like to work with the most?  I haven't really met a paper crafting item that I don't like for something.........

2) What crafty item do you like to work with the least?  I am going to have to agree with all those other people who answered this with loose glitter.....it comes from someone's imagination where things never move where they don't belong......

3) What was the last crafty item you purchased?  Another case for colored pencils, it's all in the organization in January

4) Have you used it yet?  Why yes I have, it was in my hot little hands about half a minute before I tried it out.

5) What crafter's blog do you read? (If you read more than one, just pick one).  I don't go to crafters blogs much, but I will say Stampwilly and Far North because of the challenges they had this week.

6) Name the last stamping magazine you have read?  There is an online one that I look at every once in a while and I can't for the life of me remember it's name.  I only go when it's linked from another message board.

7) What is your favorite brand of stamps?  Ranger and all it's designers

8) What is your favorite brand of ink?  I am also going to say Ranger here, I use archivers ink, distress ink, and the regular dye ink from Ranger most often.

9) What coloring method do you use the most?  I use watercolor markers, colored pencils, and acrylic paint in similar amounts.

10) What is one question you would like to ask the other Stampers?  Does your style change with who you are watching on youtube?  My style seems to change with who I am watching make cards or tags.  If I watch the Ranger designers I go for a more grungy or vintage look and if I watch one of the Nicoles my style becomes more clean and cutsey......LOL

Die storage....years ago when all that was available was the sizzix steel ruled dies and the cuttlebug alphabets I stored the cuttlebug alphas in binders in sports card Plastics.  I also got a couple of those big binders with the heavy plastic for some of them.  I still have 4 binders full of those alphabets and other assorted thin dies.  The steel ruled were just stored in a pile for a while, then I got some storage that is now discontinued that stacked them and had places for about a dozen dies.  I have about six of these that those original dies still live in.  They are easy to see and read the ends of the dies but take up a lot of space.  I also have a Sixxiz holder for their alphabets, it is cloth with holes in the inside that you can put the plastic long case of an alphabet into, I have 8 places in there filled up.  Then Tim Holtz came out with his nice steel ruled dies and again I had piles so I got another one of those carts you guys liked and put all those dies on it.  The thin dies are in a plastic box on the top shelf of that cart.  They are either in the original storage that sixxiz now uses or the stamps and dies are in Avery Elle plastic sleeves with a small piece of magnet to hold the dies with the stamps in behind.  That little container is getting full and I am looking to see where I can put the second one......LOL.  I also have one of the artbin things with the magnetic sheets that isn't full but I have some spellbinders and others that don't have stamps to match.

So in summary......I have some dies in school folders and those big folders (4) I have some in the sixxiz towers (6) and I have some in a Sixxiz cloth holder (8 alphabets) and I have the artbin thingy and I have a cart full.........I will try to remember to take a picture and post it tonight after I get home from work......
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:12:07 PM by CarefreeSadie »
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 04:03:49 PM »
Cindi, I am now on my 3rd Art Bin die container! LOL! I need to stop! :-\ I used to have mine in a soft cd holder with pockets. I bought the magnetic vent covers at Lowe's and cut them to the size of the pockets and put my dies on those. Getting them in and out of the pockets was a pain. I like the Art Bins because you can take out the sheets you want and you don't have to fool with pockets. They ARE heavy for sure.

April :smile:

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 07:29:32 PM »
1) What crafty item do you like to work with the most?  Hmm, that's a tough one. I think embossing folders and spritzes.
2) What crafty item do you like to work with the least?  I'll go with glitter, LOL
3) What was the last crafty item you purchased?           Some watercolor paints.
4) Have you used it yet?                                                  Nope, they aren't delivered yet
5) What crafter's blog do you read? (If you read more than one, just pick one).   Lots, but Jennifer McGuire is a good one.
6) Name the last stamping magazine you have read?     CardMaker
7) What is your favorite brand of stamps?                       Used to be Lawn Fawn but now I think Unity
8) What is your favorite brand of ink?                              I don't really have a fav.
9) What coloring method do you use the most?              Inktense pencils
10) What is one question you would like to ask the other Stampers?
Stampwilly, I get inspiration from blogs like yours!
Iring, I am sure I am the minority here, but I don't have any dies. I use a Silhouette machine.
Far North, this site keeps me jazzed about stamping. I wouldn't have half the stamps I have if it weren't for y'all. Thanks! LOL
Craft Nerd, my fav embellishment is paper flowers and rhinestones.
Sadie, I don't think I have a style yet. hehehe

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 10:23:01 AM »
1) What crafty item do you like to work with the most?Stamps!  No surprises here.
2) What crafty item do you like to work with the least?I am going to say flocking.  Not only is it hard to work with and can make a mess, I just haven't had any luck with it.
3) What was the last crafty item you purchased?I bought a few things at Michael's including Cardmaking supplies for valentines and a Christmas paper pad
4) Have you used it yet?No.  I did make valentines and then needed more supplies to finish them, but haven't done the second set yet.
5) What crafter's blog do you read? (If you read more than one, just pick one).Recently I have been reading this blog https://lostinpaper.wordpress.com
6) Name the last stamping magazine you have read?Although I get most of my inspiration online, I do enjoy paper magazines.   I sometimes see the UK Creative Stamping magazine in the craft store and sometimes get it.
7) What is your favorite brand of stamps?I love a lot of stamps, but I have the most of Hero Arts and Gina K
8) What is your favorite brand of ink? Versafine. I wish I had known about it when I first began.
9) What coloring method do you use the most?Water based markers.  I find them the easiest to use.
10) What is one question you would like to ask the other Stampers?What month of the year do you do the most stamping?
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2016, 10:33:32 AM »
Stampwilly's question about inspiration: I tend to write down ideas I liked from blogs, Pinterest or here at Two Peas (oh my, I mean, Artsy Inkers!).  Then they sit on my list until they mix and morph with other ideas or challenges and become something I make.  I rarely end up making anything remotely similar to the idea I "pinned" but sometimes I do if it is a technique.

Iring's question about dies:  I don't have many so my idea probably won't help. I take mine out of the plastic or cardboard packaging and put them into one of those Avery Elle clear pockets.  All the pockets are in an open plastic container that fits that size so I can flip through them.  All my embossing folders are in the same container, so I can flip through those too.

Craft Nerd's question on embellishments:  Hmmm.  I really like enamel dots.  They look more elegant to me than gems and I like things with the adhesive on them already.

Far North's question:  What keeps me energized about stamping is exploing new ideas and creating cards and projects without feeling like I need to use every project.  I definitely LIKE that I do use and give away a lot that I make, but I also feel more creative by not feeling like I have to.  Hope that makes sense.

Carefree Sadie's question about style:  WOW that is such a great question and thank you for making that observation. I think, to some extent, it does change.  However, I will always just love pretty florals whether there are videos on this or not, and I do enjoy coloring videos using copics or other mediums that I don't even have, so in some cases it does not influence me at all.  But I am so interested, now, in this and wonder if knowing that it could influence me, might help me find an authentic style. 

For my question, the reason I asked it is because I really find that I make a lot in January.  I have't make a lot this week due to the stress of the storm and other things at home, but each year I find January is such a great, creative time.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 12:21:34 PM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~