Author Topic: WF15 Faux Patina Challenge (open 2/21-3/1) WINNER ANNOUNCED  (Read 15508 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Re: WF15 Faux Patina Challenge (open 2/21-3/1)
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2015, 12:49:32 PM »
Sadie that is a good idea!--It makes me think you have more control on where the EP will end up in the end!  TY for the suggestion!   O0
~~Melissa :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2015, 01:13:19 PM »
That is a good idea! TFS!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2015, 06:20:29 PM »
LOL!As a true 'control freak', I am so proud that I didn't sweat the 'control the EP' for my entry. And I even considered doing the color before the EF-ing, BUT I used the steps as Heidi required. Trust me! It was tough! :tickedoff:

I made the BG first & then I used it as both a BG & an accent (center of the flower). Plus I still have leftovers of the original BG to use.

Fun technique challenge Heidi!

my entry

Sorry I was not able to share a pic of the BG before I used it in my piece, but that's life. And... I even added a brad to it--gave myself a gold star! #>
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2015, 06:40:04 PM »
Great entry, Daniel! I really like the Princess Bear!   Thanks so much for participating in my challenge!
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2015, 09:33:48 PM »
Daniel, is your piece for Heidi's challenge inlaid? I notice that the top of the arch window looks lower than the rest of the paper....

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2015, 07:30:08 AM »
Daniel, is your piece for Heidi's challenge inlaid? I notice that the top of the arch window looks lower than the rest of the paper....

Yes, Melissa, bothe the arch frame & the castle were inlaid into the Patina BG. The princess & punched flower were layered.
The princess bear is a St. Dennis one from IBFS.
Daniel

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2015, 12:10:56 PM »
I really like the way that inlay looks Daniel!  and I think it works so well with the arch by accenting it!  Thanks for letting me know!  Wanted to make sure what I saw was what I saw....lol! 

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2015, 03:41:07 PM »
Here is a card I made with one of the patinas:

Flower patina card

Thank you Heidi for hosting a fun challenge!  I want to try more! 

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2015, 10:01:06 PM »
I've finally posted a couple of my projects for this challenge.  I actually have 3 more that I did but I haven't made into finished projects yet.

Faux Patina Background 1

Faux Patina Finished Card 1

Faux Patina Background 2

Faux Patina 2 - Train Card

The train card is a combo with the Impression challenge.

Thanks for a cool new technique.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2015, 05:37:07 AM »
Thank you Craft Nerd and YellowCherrios for sharing your great projects.  They are wonderful and thanks for doing my challenge.

I am so happy so many have had fun with this. There, of course, is still time through today to finish up.   
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2015, 11:27:42 AM »
I was going to comment on Sarah's problem she mentioned she had with her BG being all covered with embossing powder when she added the EP to it....I read the tutorial on Splitcoaststamper and one thing she did was after she colored the embossed CS, she went over the entire piece with her embossing buddy---she pounced it in the video at the bottom of the tutorial instead of rubbing it with the embossing buddy to help keep it from getting too much of the ink on the embossing buddy.  Then she added the Versamark, EP, heat, etc.....

I haven't got to try this step yet, but I am going to see if that step matters or not....since the I had that issue on mine.

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2015, 12:54:32 PM »
I noticed that too, so I tried my embossing buddy and it still didn't help on the first one, I had to take a cheap kids paint brush and brush off the parts I didn't want to stick, but I think my problem was I was too impatient and didn't let my ink dry enough first, On the second one I let it dry completely and it worked just fine

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2015, 07:14:30 PM »
I don't have an embossing buddy, but I did rub my pieces with a used dryer sheet.  I think the problem was the embossing folders I used did not emboss very deeply, so that when I rubbed the ink pad on the piece, I got ink all over it.  I had much better results using my brayer to add the ink.

I finished another card with this base.
Faux Patina 3 Base

Steampunk Shoe Card

I'm still not sold on the image for this card. So I attached it with removable adhesive.

I did two more card bases but I didn't get a chance to turn them into finished cards. 

Faux Patina 4

Faux Patina 5

Thanks for a great challenge and a cool new technique.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2015, 06:21:34 AM »
Thank you so much for participating!  This was a really fun challenge to host.

I need some time to figure out the entries and pick a winner.  Also, it is a 2 hour weather delay this morning so I won't have time for a bit.  Be back later with a winner!

~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2015, 11:20:46 AM »
I did some figuring.....

I wrote down all the names....

I cut them up......

Put them in a bowl (can't find the lepruchaun hat).....

and picked

just

one

name.....

The winner is Connie!!!

Connie, please PM me a snail mail address.  I wil try to get your rak sent out by Thursday. 

If you complete a project for a background or do this challenge during Hangover week, please feel free to link it here too.

Thanks again to everyone who tried this challenge.  This was a really fun Winterfest to host!!
~~Heidi~~