Author Topic: Creative Challenge - Ombré  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
Re: Creative Challenge - Ombré
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2020, 05:58:40 PM »
Heidi, Thanks so much for your challenge!  I have made a card which is in the gallery, however I am having an issue with my computer to post a link to it here.  Will attempt it later. 

Nora S.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2020, 08:06:06 PM »
Nora, Thank you for posting here that you did the challenge. I am going to try to add your link:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4846#top_display_media

I love your card and the stencil and left praise in the gallery.  Thank you for playing along!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2020, 10:13:28 AM »
My first attempt, I used my blending brushes and either I have a cheap set or I am just not good at that, my inking was a bit splotchy, I also did the technique on the stamp.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4854#top_display_media

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2020, 10:43:35 AM »
Love your double ombre card, Connie! Thank you for playing along!
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2020, 11:01:19 AM »
Thank you for this challenge.  I love all the cards that have been posted.  I watched the linked videos, and then I watched a bunch more of the Mind of Watercolor series.  It's overkill for a cardmaker, but the host has so many good tips.  I will rewatch the three he did on watercolor washes.  I think I should have used more water on my paper.

Here's My Card.  I have a couple more pieces of watercolor paper taped down to a couple of boards ready to go, but I'm going to watch the videos again before I attempt another background.

I knew I wanted to try this challenge the second I saw it, but I often feel that way and then it comes to naught.  I'm so happy that I actually made something this time.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2020, 11:54:09 AM »
I’m so pleased with all the entries in my challenge. 

I saw that Jan posted a card but didn’t link it here yet. I will save her the trouble in case she was having problems linking it.
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4858#top_display_media

Thank you Jan and Daria for doing my challenge.  Both your cards are great and I left comments in the gallery.

Daria, yes, the Mind of Watercolor probably is overkill for cardmakers.  It doesn’t need to be as perfect as he does it but it is lovely to watch!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2020, 07:12:56 PM »
I made another card using an Ombre' background but I forgot you wanted us to use a stamp, but thought I would share anyway, this time I used distress inks and a sponge applicator

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4860#top_display_media

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2020, 06:28:41 AM »
That is a gorgeous card, Connie!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2020, 04:24:59 PM »
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4862#top_display_media

Better late than never.  Not my best wash ombré watercolor, but running late.  I had to a sandwich a birthday card in before I finished this one.
I had made the rainbow using oval nesting dies.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2020, 11:39:57 AM »
I love it! Thanks for playing, Sheila!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2020, 11:36:59 PM »
Here's how I used one of my ombre watercolor backgrounds.  I die cut it.  I had this plan to use these bunny dies when I was watercoloring.  Finally got some cards put together.  I know I'll enjoy using the other backgrounds I made too ... there might be more bunnies.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2020, 07:37:21 AM »
That is such a great idea. They go great with the plaid for easter.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2020, 11:58:35 PM »
Heidi, the bunnies are multiplying!

Still playing with my ombre washes.  I die cut another bunny today.  If I had started earlier in the month, I might have made more of these!
Bunny Hop
Cindi