Author Topic: Clean and Simple Cards Challenge Monday 4/13/thur Saturday 4/18  (Read 820 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Please label gallery cards for this challenge:  C&S cards

I was blessed last week to receive 3 cards with “Happy Mail”greetings.  All 3 cards arrived from long-term stamping pals.  Now we generally stay in touch during the Christmas holidays. Since I usually only receive junk mail it was a delight to hear a note of cheer. During these last weeks I have had thoughts of many stampers that I have shared many happy moments with. Now I have a list of several folks to whom I want to send cards.

Unfortunately now card making is a very slow process for me. I have had several issues that delay my progress to complete the challenges here.

So this challenge is not designed to teach you another new technique.  This challenge will encourage you to make a Clean and Simple card(s) to send a smile to your friends or extended family this week.  Although I don’t often see C&S cards in the gallery I am sure you are aware that clean cards usually have lots of white space and a simple design focuses on 1 topic with minimum detail.  I hope these details will create a few spare moments for you to write a brief note and get the card in the mail.  And if you are one of our fast card makers you are welcome to create multiple cards with the same design or make small changes or larger ones as you please.  Please share photos and your comments in the gallery.

Extra tips!***
Please do not spend hours browsing Pinterest/galleries. Also limit your time when selecting specific theme, type of design and stamps. Remember your card will be appreciated for your kindness!

Galleries:  If you search galleries for ideas-be sure to include the words “clean and simple” in your search.
Postage Stamps:  If you run short on stamps do know some grocery stores sell postage stamps at their customer service desk.  Also one can order stamps online from USPS.

Thank you for considering my challenge.  I’ll be watching to see your results soon...Jan

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: Clean and Simple Cards Challenge Monday 4/13/thur Saturday 4/18
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 08:32:31 AM »
Thanks, Jan!  White space is a challenge for me.  I have an idea ...
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 09:46:42 AM »
I do like the more the better approach but this is a great idea to get cards out faster :)
I just ordered more stamps on line, hope they come before I run out, it said on the site could take two to three days longer now and the normal time is 5 -7 business days :(

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 09:48:41 AM »
Thanks for the challenge. This will be a challenge for me and out of my box which is a good thing!

April :smile:

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 01:41:23 PM »
Oh my, two more cards arrived today from my stamping pals....the pressure is on!...Jan

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 10:38:56 AM »
Do you want us to do stamping on them or can we use dies as the focal?

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 04:40:50 PM »
Clean and Simple is a great challenge, and I was glad you challenged us not to take too much time browsing or making the card. That really helped me get this card done this afternoon. 

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4882#top_display_media

Now I do still need to go back  and do Cindi’s challenge.

Thank you for hosting, Jan!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2020, 05:00:48 PM »
April, your cat is a hoot!
Heidi, I love your turtle card ... if there's a challenge some day to copy a card, I'd like to try to copy yours.

I struggled with the "clean" in clean & simple!

The first time around I stamped on one of my green ombre watercolor backgrounds.  I liked that one!  But, I colored the tulip petals with Spectrum Noir glitter brush pens.  They didn't dry!  Why on watercolor paper would it take so much time to dry?  I smeared it when I trimmed it down.  It was on my trimmer, on my fingers, on the stamped piece.  Ugh!

This one is on plain watercolor paper and I used Kaiser glitter pens which are ball point.  Fine for coloring small spaces.

Now I need a glass of wine!  Was this supposed to be relaxing?   ;D

Thinking of You
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 05:10:30 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2020, 09:01:26 AM »
I managed to do two of them:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4885#top_display_media

The second one doesn't have a lot of white space but I would have added a bit more goodies around it normally so this is clean and simple for me

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4886#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2020, 11:35:04 PM »
Connie, your cards are very pretty. 

I made another card tonight.  I had a piece of ombre watercolor just big enough for this collage stamp. 
Another  "thinking of you" card.

Thanks for the challenge Jan!  Still challenging to stay clean and simple, but I'm liking it!
Cindi