Author Topic: Punch Texture  (Read 1321 times)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Punch Texture
« on: April 27, 2020, 09:06:51 AM »
Here is the new challenge for this week. I am calling it Punch Texture. You can use a punch or die to make your textured background. Please put the heading Punch Texture on your card in the gallery and link it here so that we don't miss it.

First I used a star punch and punched out several stars. I arranged the stars on my background the way I wanted them. It is best to use glue to place your punches or dies so that you have more wiggle room to place them where you want. You will have punches or dies that overlap your card like in my first picture below. Next cut off the punch/dies that overlap the edges of your card as seen in my second picture below. Lastly, decorate your card. Please use at least one stamped image. I stamped 3 balloons from an old Stampin' Up set, fussy cut them and added them to the background. I made my own banner for the Just For Fun saying.

Some suggestions for shapes for your background are -- circles, hearts, flowers, etc.

I hope you have fun with this challenge!

April :smile:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 09:09:10 AM by stampwilly »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Punch Texture
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 09:32:48 AM »
This is a wonderful technique! I look forward to trying it!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 08:14:10 PM »
That is a festive card!  Thanks for the challenge.
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 10:09:44 PM »
interesting challenge, do we use only one punch or can it be more than one as long as we fill the background?

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 09:04:45 AM »
You may try more than one. That might be interesting! :smile:

April

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 09:08:58 AM »
K thanks

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 03:40:55 PM »
Here is Cindi's card, she used a border punch. Thanks for doing the challenge! Your card is so pretty!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4914#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2020, 03:49:01 PM »
I started playing with punch backgrounds last night and finished 2 cards today.  I think I will throw away the punch I started with last night.  Ugh!  We are so spoiled with dies now.  It wasn't very heavy card stock and I still had trouble punching all the way through. 

I used a border punch for this one and it punched ok, only issues were user error when I didn't line it up properly, ha!

Here is my first entry. 

ETA : LOL!  April, I was in the midst of posting a link to my card when I got distracted and finished another card! 
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2020, 04:06:44 PM »
This is the card with the frustrating punch!  After adhering the punches to a different color cardstock, I wasn't sure if this was a look you were going for in your challenge, April, so I quit and started another.  Decided to share it here anyway.

I think the first card (with the border punches) probably matches the intent of the challenge better ... what is your opinion?

Another punch card.

Cindi

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2020, 04:28:08 PM »
 http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4916#top_display_media

I used a heart punch, I don’t do much with punches because my hands don’t have the strength any more.
I used the paper my made by squashing Rose pedals, but you lost the print, so I put the hearts on pink pp.
Stamped and embossed and colored my stampset.  My it for my grandsons.( I send a card a week to them since they moved). Can’t let them forgery me.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2020, 11:43:03 PM »
I'm attaching a card I made with my failed punch attempts.  Somehow they ended up evenly spaced.  I was just going down the edge of my cardstock trying to punch this flower and the points weren't punching completely.  It's too bad, because it's a cool punch, but very aggravating!

I made a 5x7 card.
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2020, 08:44:54 AM »
Cindi and Sheila, your cards are wonderful. Cindi, I like the card you posted above. It looks great to me. Thanks you all for doing the challenge!

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2020, 09:44:38 PM »
Cindi, your failed attempts turned into a lovely card!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2020, 04:35:43 PM »
I created my background this afternoon!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2020, 08:51:20 PM »