Author Topic: Creative Challenge : Tea bag stamping  (Read 1385 times)

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Creative Challenge : Tea bag stamping
« on: May 25, 2020, 10:04:02 AM »
Hi all, I know it is the holiday today but I thought if you had some free time you may want to start another challenge.

I loved seeing what April did with her tea bag and then the other day I saw the Splitcoast stampers tutorial on stamping on tea bags and thought that would be fun.  I hope you all have tea bags.  I drink Tetley black iced tea, so my bags are all round.  After stamping I just used some wet glue (Gina K) to add my tea bag onto a white card stock background, I did like the look of the dark card stock behind because it made my stamping darker but it also made my tea bag darker and I wanted it a little lighter so try it out on different colors to see what you like.

Here is the link to the tutorial I used: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/teabagstamping/?utm_medium=Email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=

Here is the card I made last night: http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4971#top_display_media

When you post use Creative challenge: tea bag stamping.  Hope you have fun with this one.

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Creative Challenge : Tea bag stamping
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 11:05:04 AM »
 This is s little different than what I did so this will be fun. Now to make a pitcher of tea! LOL!

April :smile:

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 11:28:46 AM »
I saw that tutorial and wanted to try it! Thanks for hosting the challenge. I had forgotten it was a Monday since it is a holiday it doesn’t feel the same. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 11:51:53 AM »
I didn't know if I should wait until Tuesday or not but thought you might have some free time today :)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 07:44:23 PM »
I was hoping you would post a challenge!  I think I need a cup of tea ...  I love your sample and those in the tutorial.  I'm anxious to try this!
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 07:58:30 PM »
Glad I didn't wait then, look forward to seeing what everyone does

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 09:18:51 AM »
I might have to get out my heat tool.  It has been so rainy and humid here that my tea bag didn't dry out even over night.  :(
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 09:36:53 AM »
Wow, did you set it on paper towel?  If you happen to have a wire rack, I would put it on that to dry so it has air all around it, you might want to put a paper towel underneath the rack just so it doesn't stain your table or counter top.  Good Luck

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2020, 01:19:30 PM »
Dang I wish I would have received a PM that you were posting your challenge yesterday. (I most always get the posts in my e-mail.)I would have dried my tea bag and been ready to play today.  Now I need to go buy some tea bags tomorrow since now I am waiting for the pest control guy to arrive.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2020, 04:18:27 PM »
Connie, no I didn't set it on a paper towel.  I thought I remembered reading it would stain more if left on a saucer where the tea might puddle a bit.  It's closer to dry ... but it is still raining here, so it's still humid.  That's FL!  I've been making iced tea with loose tea lately.  I might have to make a big pot with tea bags though, because I know I will most likely want to stamp on more than one bag.  I saved my coffee filter today too.
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2020, 04:38:26 PM »
Ok, so I tried to hurry it along a bit.  I cut a little slit, but the tea is still too damp to come out, except for a few little leaves.  I hit it with my heat gun and blew a few tea leaves across my desk, haha!  Still damp in the middle, so I poofed it out a bit to form a circle, on it's side, and I have it sitting under a lamp.  Maybe tomorrow I can stamp on it!  I'll drink some more tea tonight. 

Does anyone remember Good Earth tea?  It's so yummy, cinnamon-y and has a cool saying on the tag that I hope to use.  They used to have healthy restaurants in California (when we lived there in 1986/87).  I used to be able to find the tea in the grocery store sometimes.  I'm sure this box is very old, but it still tasted good.

I just got loose tea in the mail from the Tea Leaf in Reading Terminal Market, Philadelphia.  Today's iced tea was made with Passion Fruit black tea.  I have some Tropical Green tea that I'd like to brew.  When I was there in person a year ago, she gave me a few empty tea bags.  It will be fun to see if green tea stains differently than black.

So what kind of tea are you drinking this week?
Cindi

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2020, 05:53:13 PM »
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4974#top_display_media

I must have a dozen kinds of tea, different brands.  Quess what, all are square without strings. So I opened them up and flatten them.  I stamped on two with Judikins lace stamp.  Background was made with distress ink smooshing in lots of Browns and muster seed.  Stamped Tim Holtz sewing machine and dress form, put tea bags I gathered with a running stick, along side of card.  Too give it a shabby sleek finish with ribbon, buttons, and a heart, put on polka dot card base.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2020, 07:57:55 PM »
Bummer you have to go buy more Jan, I tend to get some and not others too in my email.

Cindi, yea I usually have one side of my bag a little darker than the other.  I drink only black iced tea and water, so we bought one of those ice tea makers, I love it! I have some tea bags from a friend for Christmas, maybe I should try and see what color the bag ends up being after brewing those.

Sheila I love your stamping, that was such a neat idea and is just perfect with your other stamps!

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2020, 12:04:43 AM »
I have a Mr. Tea machine too!  Lately I've been making iced tea with a little Teavana pour over tea maker, but it only makes 4 cups.  I need to get the Mr. Tea out again so I can have more tea bags to stamp on!  This was a fun challenge.   

I think Heidi may have given me the Paper Artsy Word Plate stamp in a stampfest RAK ... I only used a tiny portion.  I love it on the tea bag.  I've been trying to clean up my craft room and came across a bag of stamps my friend Susan shared with me.  She bought a grab bag and we sat together one afternoon stamping them out and splitting the duplicates between us.  That's where the little flower came from.  A nice memory  :smitten:

I wonder if this might be ok for a sympathy card?  Or do you think the quote on the tea bag tag is not appropriate?

Tea bag card

I liked the splitcoast sample so much I pretty much copied it other than changing the orientation to landscape.

Thanks for the challenge Connie!  I hope to make more.
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2020, 10:01:05 AM »
YAH!! you finally got a dry bag, that stamping looks great on it and like that you found a tag with a saying you could use, like your background embossing too,
thanks for doing the challenge.