Author Topic: INF14 ATC Challenge - ***** Winner Announced and trade partners posted*****  (Read 14417 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Re: INF14 ATC Challenge
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2014, 11:07:19 AM »
Thank you Jan.  Your explanation does help me.  I was wondering if master board are always a collages.  I like your PP example.  :)  That helps me visualize a master board. 

Heidi, I've been having a hard time getting the gallery to show the specific challenges….BUT I did find the search box in the gallery!!  yeah!  and I was able to search with the tag!  TY for reminding me of those in the gallery!

I'll try again today!  Not sure I'll finish in time, but I am still going to try making  master board.
~~Melissa :)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2014, 11:34:59 AM »
Melissa, I think you are defining collage different than I am...that's why I didn't understand your question.  I tried to further update clarify in my first response below. Generally a single piece of printed paper/masterboard is not a collage.  It would not be a framed piece to stand alone as a piece of art. A collage is a finished piece of art that you would not cut apart for other projects.

M-this challenge only requires 2 ATCS...are sure you can't find 2 pieces on your 1st masterboard? Think of bold black stamping as a way to calm down a busy design or if everything is too dark do a whitewash or use white inked images as brightening areas or using cut images or die cuts to cove parts you don't like. You can do this! Limit your time (like 20 minutes?) and you will be done!
Mostly remember this is your playtime, have fun and no serious thinking!
...Jan
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 12:05:02 PM by Far North »

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2014, 12:09:27 PM »
Well I am just plain proud to say that I took Cindi's challenge & survived the self-imposed frustration!  I 'found' 2 ATCs in my masterboard & a fun aspect is that (for me) they are non-directional. Any way I turn them, I find them interesting.

Cindi & I had a delightful chat t'other day & she understands that I'm unable to share a pic of the uncut masterboard I made. That said, we both agreed that it was neat to see how everyone tackled the concept of both making a 'masterboard' & then using it for projects--including the ATCs for her particular challenge.

For the 'MB' I ended up using, I started with a USPS priority mail envelope as the base. I applied several acrylic paints & smooshed them around, then started to stamp with no rhyme or reason. I used both VersaMark watermark ink & Distress inks with various rubberstamps. Since I was in a hurry, I tried speed drying the paints & inks. Well that didn't go well, but I figured I had nothing to lose by compounding the problem. So I used embossing powders on the bloody board. Know what? I still 'hated' it, but (being a stubborn individual) I was determined to finish Cindi's challenge.

While Cindi & I were chatting , we discussed the aspect of whether MB's creations are affected when the project(s) from them are specific--i.e. ATCs, tags, etc.  Does that put us in a position of creating a composition with a masterboard--rather than a free-form MB? We agreed that we didn't 'know', but enjoyed discussing the matter.  ;D

Along with many other of our Party Challenges, this one has been as much about the chatting as the actual doing. I call that GREAT!
Daniel

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2014, 01:19:15 PM »
Quote Daniel--"While Cindi & I were chatting , we discussed the aspect of whether MB's creations are affected when the project(s) from them are specific--i.e. ATCs, tags, etc.  Does that put us in a position of creating a composition with a masterboard--rather than a free-form MB? We agreed that we didn't 'know', but enjoyed discussing the matter.  ;D

Lots of laughs on this one Daniel.  Defining the challenge project is not near as much a controlling factor as most of your challenge twists! :laughhard:

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2014, 02:07:32 PM »
TY Jan!  That definitely does make sense that difference b/w a collage and MB.  I will go back and see if I can find something from my original MB--the funny thing is that I started using it for testing ink washes and it kinda looks cool despite the stamping was not complete at all (I was making a scene in with MB…forgot to include that info) and the scene wasn't working right with proportion.  I think I will try to get back to it and see what happens, but not sure I'll get to today. 

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2014, 04:09:49 PM »
LOL, Jan! I admit to being a 'control freak' (sometimes). And ain't it fun how each of us challengers do our stuff?!  ;D O0
Daniel

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2014, 05:56:32 PM »
Jan, your ATCs are pretty. I love the birds from your skins.

Stampwilly

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2014, 07:41:26 PM »
I made a masterboard!!!  I did redo the board.  I did try to do as Jan said and look for 2 ATCs in my original but decided to redo b/c it was on marker paper to begin with (I reread instructions and noticed I needed to use bistol or WC paper).  I did make a scene like I originally wanted but on bristol paper, but when I was finished I thought of Jan mentioning that a master board is made to be cut up.  Well my scene didn't look like one made to be cut up---so needless to say, I started over.   I can show my scene before I color it after I take a photo, but I plan on coloring it and uploading it next week hopefully.

So I started over again, and I have to say I did have so much fun!!!  I loved inking the craft mat and laying down the paper then lifting to see what it made!! So much fun!!  and I was having fun and not worrying about what goes where or if it's lined up etc!  Very freeing! 

I cannot figure out how to add a picture to this thread, but here is the link to my master board:
masterboard

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2014, 07:44:39 PM »
and here ar the two ATCs I made:  bright ATCs

Thank you Cindi for this fun challenge!  I am so glad that I tried again and made the master board and ATCs!!  I have to do this again!

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2014, 08:31:22 PM »
I finally got my ATCs posted.  I made another masterboard yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to make any ATCs from it.  Perhaps during Hangover week.

Snowman ATC

I colored the watercolor paper with Distress Inks and spritzed with water.  I added salt which causes those spots.  You can't see in the picture how sparkly it is from the shimmer mists I added.
Sarah

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2014, 08:33:09 PM »
Well I finished my master board but haven't had a chance to do my ATCs!
Darn migraine  :(

There's still a few hours left so I might still have time!
LeighAnn

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2014, 11:45:03 PM »
Oh LeighAnn  :( I'm sorry about your migraine!  I'm glad you made a board and hope you feel better tomorrow!

Jan and Heidi, thank you so much for helping Melissa!  I was away ALL day!  Melissa you got the masterboard thing down!  I love your bright and cheery creation!

Good for you Daniel!  You conquered!  Woah, no wonder you had issues.  Tyvek is tricky.  That was a challenge in itself in one of the past 2peas fests.  Can't wait to see your ATCs!

When I finally got a chance to play tonight I finished up a few challenges and didn't get a chance to look at my own ATC challenge until just after midnight.  I'm so happy with the discussion that went on without me!  Thanks inkers!!  It was so much fun to see all of your master boards and ATCs!

It is way too late tonight, but tomorrow I will draw a winner for a RAK and post a list of "trade partners" for your artist trading cards.

Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers

ETA :
And the winner of a RAK is ...
Heidi!
Congratulations Heidi!  Your package is ready to hit the PO!  Thanks for taking my challenge!

ATC Trading Partners :  As ATCs are meant to be traded, I thought it would be fun to trade at the end of this challenge.  I pulled names out of a bowl in pairs.  Please keep it simple, just seal one of your ATCs up in an envelope and mail it to your trade partner.  Message each other if you need snail mail addresses.  Please reply to this thread when you receive your ATC so your partner knows it's safe and sound!  Thanks so much for playing!

1.  Stampwilly and Yellowcherrios
2. HowdyHeidi and Craft Nerd
3. Looser and Far North
4. Carefreesadie and Iring

How exciting!  Thank you very much.

I enjoyed this challenge very much and I am happy to send an ATC to Sarah. I will try to get right on that!!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
PS, I dont know what Tyvek is.  Hmmm.
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Congratulations Heidi!!   

Thank you Cindi for a fun challenge---I learned a lot!  Though I am wondering about the Tyvek….isn't Tyvek what they put to insulate houses??   ???

I'll get my ATC out to April this week!!