Author Topic: Altenew offering classes  (Read 1643 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Altenew offering classes
« on: May 24, 2018, 08:49:16 AM »
Altenew is now offering classes for a small fee.  Has anyone taken any?  Can you share a little about your experiences?

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: Altenew offering classes
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 03:02:36 PM »
I haven't taken any classes from Altenew.  The price seems reasonable.  There is one free class so maybe you could take that to see if you might like more.  It would be a good way to get familiar with their web site and forums.  The only hesitation I have is if they are showcasing Altenew products, I don't think I own any.  Hopefully the techniques would be applicable to any stamps though.  The price is about 1/2 what I pay for a Craftsy class so it's probably worth a shot if you see a class of interest.  Thanks for the link.
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 09:54:23 AM »
I haven't taken any of their classes either. I do have about 4 of their stamp sets and love the layering look of them.

April :smile:

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 11:33:42 AM »
Therese Calvird is on their design team and I know she had a class. I really enjoy her blog, she is a good teacher.  However, I also have no Altenew stamp sets so I can’t imagine I would take a class. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 04:46:14 PM »
I took 1 class to give the classes a try...and it seemed more basic than I anticipated. While one can use any stamps and products they desire and place their results in an online gallery for a chance to win a prize, the list of products used is one of the longest-ever since the cards showcased very small shapes stamped in different colors. Afraid this is not a class I would call my favorite.