Author Topic: August ATC swap Partners posted  (Read 12109 times)

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
Re: August ATC swap Partners posted
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2015, 05:08:44 PM »
I received ATC from Iring over the week end.  I love the details of her stamped image.  Know you all will like it.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2015, 09:37:35 PM »
That was pretty quick, Ann. 

You can see my sketch flower ATC here.
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2015, 12:50:46 AM »
I was able to do my test trails for the required color combo and color the focal image for my ATC during my travels.  Matting and final details were completed today and I put it in the mail to Daria this afternoon.  Daria, I hope you receive it before I leave again on Monday...but I know that is very iffy.  But no worries I will not be gone long and will make my gallery post when I return. 

Thanks Leigh Ann for another fun challenge! 

Now I'm off to leave some posts in the gallery....Jan

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2015, 06:21:23 AM »
Cindi, your ATC reminded me that last night I actually dreamed about stamping. I dreamed about doing some project where I used white pigment ink and clear embossed it.  Honestly, in real life, I have never done that.  SO WEIRD! I don't ever remember dreaming about stamping before! lol! I think I would have forgotten about it if I had not seen your ATC early this morning...

The ATC's with this combo are so nice!  I really like this!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2015, 10:13:58 AM »
I received Heidi's ATC today, I really like it.
Can you post it Heidi for everyone else to enjoy.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2015, 10:35:09 AM »
I got Utah Ann's ATC today. It's great! And she put it in a little folder which is too cute!

Thanks Ann. Please share it with our fellow Inksters.  :smile:
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2015, 11:13:14 AM »
LeighAnn uploaded the ATC I sent to her & I provided a bit of info about its construction. She sent me a PM & shared that--at first--she thought I might have used a smaller version of the clown stamp, but then remembered how heat-shrinking works on craft foam.

BTW? Pug says she got a head cold from one of the kiddos. No fun, I'm sure.

Craft Foam ATC
One of the nice things about craft foam is that when you stamp it & fussy cut before heat shrinking is that it greatly minimizes any iffy cutting. Often makes it look like you are a brilliant artist with your scissors.  ;) I really liked the way the black lines added to the stenciled BG give the illusion of depth to that part. Unlike the ATC I sent Heidi, this one was easier to keep 'straight' when assembling, but I like the way both of the foam ones turned out.

I too think that this month's ATCs were all wonderful--interesting, clever & full of neat techniques. WTG to all of us who played! O0
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2015, 02:08:12 PM »
I posted my ATC in the gallery.

Flower ATC
~~Heidi~~

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2015, 11:17:34 AM »
Here is the ATC that I sent to Daniel:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1912&message_id=96fddf2165f0072aa824da028f7ede83&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock

I typed a previous message a few minutes ago and now I can't find it - must have gone to the ghost ship that is on the ATC I made for Daniel.  Who knows where it went.

But here is the description.  I used the kraft paper for the background, then used a Hero Arts fame stamp and stamped that in black.  I think I said in the description in the gallery that I stamped with Pigment Ink, but now I think I remember that I used white detail embossing powder and heated that.  When I added the picture to the gallerly, I saw some little white flakes that are not suppose to be there.  I even used  a brush to pick up the little flake.......... so they must be ghost flakes.

I really enjoy making masculine cards so alwalys enjoy when partnered with Daniel.

Great challenge.  Thank you.

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2015, 04:55:10 PM »
I've posted my ATCs in the gallery.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2015, 07:10:28 PM »
Now that Daria has shared her ATC, I can say how big of a smile I got when I opened the ATC from her.  Like she states, we were definitely on the same wavelength when we created our ATCs.  They are quite similar, though I do appreciate how she added some nice sponging on her ATC which did not cross my mind.  It appears to have a nice fog to the scene, imo. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2015, 08:11:26 PM »
I just got home from the Post Office and am pleased to say I received some wonderful happy mail!  LeighAnn sent a most elegant beauty.  Can't wait til she shares in the gallery cause she has a technique no one else has used for this challenge yet.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 08:15:59 PM by Far North »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2015, 01:22:27 PM »
This color combo challenge inspired beautiful results! 

I dreamed about doing some project where I used white pigment ink and clear embossed it.

Heidi, I think your dream is telling you, you need to try this!  I like doing it that way, because otherwise I seem to end up with white flecks of EP where I don't want them!  Clear EP is safer!

Daria, I meant to comment about it and forgot, but your sponging is so nice and subtle and even. 

Cindi

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2015, 01:59:44 PM »
Sorry I've been MIA. Little ds caught a cold and it of course spread to ods and then me. Hopefully DH can keep from getting it!  I thought it was gonna be short lived but now I've got a tickle in my throat and an annoying cough that won't quit! Summer colds are the worst.

I spent some time catching up on the latest ATCs. I'm blown away by how you all took off with this color challenge! I love each and every ATC. So unique!

Daria, to answer your question on the ink- I have one from Simon Says stamp called khaki. It looks very similar to the color of Kraft cardstock.
The other is wet cement by hero arts. It's a bit light but it looks really nice stamped on Kraft. A very subtle tone on tone look.

I did do a search and found that MFT has an actual color called Kraft.

I really like working with this color combo and plan to make some cards with it. Anyone else?
I also saw a card in a similar color combo of white, Kraft and navy. Very pretty!

Here's the ATC I sent Jan. I've been trying to make it a point to use my EF more!
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1914
LeighAnn

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2015, 04:17:41 PM »
LeighAnn, I love your ATC. 

Today I received two ATC's from Jan.  They are so beautiful!  Wait until you see what she made with minimal supplies while traveling.

Jan, thank you!
Daria