Author Topic: Diecut Swap-posting in gallery  (Read 18322 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: Diecut Swap-Sign-up now through Tuesday 11/3
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 08:53:53 AM »
So glad you are joining in this swap Sarah!  Yes, dies that would look appropriate for winter cards are great. Your animals sound like they would be a fun addition.

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 11:31:12 AM »
Thank you for the reminder, yes I want to sign up.  Only one packet please. 

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 07:34:39 PM »
Jan, I'm sure I already signed up, but I can't find it here or on the discussion thread so here I am again.  I'd like to participate.

Here's the question I asked somewhere:  Is it OK to use frame dies and A2 size dies that would cover the entire front of the card with the stamped image showing through the numerous openings; for example, Holiday Frame or Modern Morocco Background?

Daria

ETA:  I just checked my list of posts, and I didn't sign up.  I must not have clicked the right button to post.  I'm glad I came back to check things out.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 07:37:01 PM by djc »

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2015, 09:18:36 PM »
Oh sorry  Daria, I have asked for embellishment diecuts meaning no frames or backgrounds since my past experience is that the small die cuts travel better and in this first swap I wanted to keep things as simple as possible.    April also offered a great background too which I also said no too...so perhaps that may be a idea for another swap. In the meantime I sure hope my swap description leaves you with other possible dies to use!!
 Glad you are playing!...Jan
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 04:12:33 AM by Far North »

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2015, 09:16:24 AM »
No problem, Jan.

Daria

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: Diecut Swap-Mailing Assignments
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2015, 09:52:56 AM »
Thanks each one of you for giving your input into this swap and signing on.  The mailing assignments are now added at the end of the first post.
Can't wait to see what we create!
...Jan

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
Re: Diecut Swap-Mail assigments now posted
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2015, 10:45:11 AM »
You know after I had my envelopes stuffed I looked at those uninspiring white cardstock die cuts and thought geez they look weird and I don't know what I would do with those.  Then I cut some extra and used my embossing powders and used 3 of them to make a card........ok they can be made inspiring but one needs to think outside the box.  I realized that I very seldom ever just cut plain white cardstock anything.  I use heavier paper that can be worked.  So anyway thank you for this swap because it is turning out to be a big ole challenge for me in thinking further out of the box then I already do......
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2015, 11:17:19 AM »
LOL Sadie-your recent Halloween cards and ATC looked nothing short of out-of-box wonderfully creative so I am sure you are up to this challenge!  Glad to hear you reached for the embossing powder...that can sometimes add texture as well as color and sparkle.

Sadly I don't think about reaching for a die very often so I hope this challenge will provide some inspiration to think about them!
Bring on the happy mail :smitten:
...Jan

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2015, 11:47:32 AM »
Thanks so much for organizing, I am sure it was a bit more difficult than usual since some people were doing 2 packages and some 1. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2015, 07:33:11 PM »
My die cuts went in the mail today.  Lovepug2 and Craft Nerd you have I hope happy mail on the way.......
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2015, 10:06:35 PM »
I'm so excited for this swap! I often think I don't use diecuts enough on my cards so this will be good to break that habit.

Sadie, lol I was thinking the same thing. It's pretty rare if I diecut something with just white cardstock, unless its a basic shape or a snowflake. I'm excited to see what you come up with!

Mine is going out tomorrow. I've had them ready to go but it's been chaotic today and I missed the mail man.
LeighAnn

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2015, 08:39:19 AM »
I will be sending mine out today.

April

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2015, 06:07:58 PM »
Me too April...I took mine to the post office! 

Sadie, your Happy Mail Packet is on its way to you!

I have already experienced one great outcome...I sorted all my winter/Christmas dies from the rest of my collection and found two I had totally forgotten about since I bought them at the end of season last year.  Without this challenge I would not ever have given the newest, unused dies a thought...thanks everyone for playing!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 06:27:53 PM by Far North »

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2015, 06:33:02 PM »
Cindi's pack will go out tomorrow. I still don't have Utah Ann's address but I'm sure she will get it to me.

:smile:

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2015, 07:40:42 PM »
Mine are cut and packaged up.  Cindi, the die-cuts and your RAK go out tomorrow.

I agree with Sadie.  Plain white die cuts look a bit weird.  I usually die-cut patterned paper, glitter paper, or an unused background I've made.  It will be challenging to put these to work for us. 

I had fun cutting these out.  Once I had started, I had a hard time stopping.  Cracking my C Plate helped.

Daria
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:44:33 PM by djc »