Author Topic: Alcohol Ink on glass - Fire  (Read 3489 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Alcohol Ink on glass - Fire
« on: June 15, 2016, 11:23:03 AM »
Have you seen this technique for alcohol inks?  You set them on fire, no kidding!    :D

Fired Ink Art

I am not sure about this one!
~~Heidi~~

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
Re: Alcohol Ink on glass - Fire
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 12:06:07 PM »
Looks like fun!

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 09:23:45 PM »
Yah, no, lighting a piece of glass on fire on a cookie sheet doesn't sound like a good idea to me.  Now maybe they were outside?  Fire and glass do not always mix.  Especially in an air conditioned house where the glass will be cool.  But there was a link in there for doing this on tiles, that sounds better to me.  LOL
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 08:57:40 AM »
It sounds like they really were lighting it on fire in the middle of the kitchen table!  Yikes!

IMHO the artwork doesn't really look any different than if you didn't fire it ... does it?  Can't you get similar results with just alcohol inks and blending solution, or if you must, rubbing alcohol?
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 09:19:22 AM »
It is definitely unsafe to do that kind of fire inside.  Unless you are in a chemistry lab or maybe an industrial kitchen. 

Anyhow, I wonder if the results are a little different since the flames would push the alcohol ink around and then nearly instantly dry it. 

I kindof want to try it (outside).  Especially since all I would need to buy is a cheap picture frame.  Actually, tiles would be really fun too! Hmmmm.
~~Heidi~~

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 10:32:30 AM »
Oooo, I'm glad y'all put in these tips. I had no idea! I woulda done it on my kitchen table!  :crazy2:

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 11:12:23 AM »
I agree with Cindi...the burning of alcohol doesn't make that much of a difference.  Folks playing with Yupo paper and alcohol inks are also doing the fire thing. I have yet to see any significant difference from what a person could create without the fire.

I woke up this morning to smoke filled air...yuck the fire season is here.  Over the past years we have had several community children light fires with the bbq fire starters that have destroyed entire homes.  We need to be smart about the examples we are for children.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 11:16:05 AM by Far North »