Author Topic: Winterfest Chat  (Read 8728 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Winterfest Chat
« on: February 03, 2018, 08:23:30 AM »
Good Morning!  Oh it looks like we have a fun line-up of challenges this week!  And here it looks like we will have have some snowy cold days once again this week....what a great excuse for staying inside to stamp #>

I need to look through my supplies to get my brain wrapped with ideas of what I might want to create. How about you...do you know where you want to start?

Happy stamping everyone!...Jan

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Re: Winterfest Chat
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 09:05:55 AM »
I'm getting ready to head out to a movie with a friend, but once I get back, I'm going to start with finishing the examples for my challenge.  Then I'll watch the tutorials and figure out what I'm going to start with. 
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 09:21:15 AM »
I have my challenge posted now. I was vacillating between two ideas. I ended up doing a sketch challenge, which I think I might have done last time, but this was something that I have a sample ready for, so I am hoping that is okay with everyone! 

I’m not sure what I will work on first!  I need to think about it!

April posted yesterday that only two people are signed up for Bingo. I wondered if more people wanted to send their words in!!!???

Happy Winterfest!
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 10:19:38 AM »
All of these challenges look fun! I think I will start on the twist pop up card. Yes, Heidi, we have 4 Bingo players now - yeah! I am ready to go!

April :smile:

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 11:23:01 AM »
I just watched the Wooden technique video.  I started just before the spot April suggested and then sped up the video.  It's a pretty technique.
I might make a few wood backgrounds before I have to head out.

I'm going to a local art supply store (I worked there years ago) for a Golden demo of their different mediums.  It is in conjunction with Martin County Rocks (people painting on rocks and hiding them for others to pick up and re-hide, you can check out their FB page if interested).  I figured it would be handy information, no matter what surface I'm working on.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Hmm, where to start?  Should I prep a few wood backgrounds or make a twist card sample? 
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 01:00:19 PM »
Canadian, eh, emailed me to let me know that she cannot see this forum.  So I sent Sadie a PM to ask her if the restrictions are still on for the forum.  Not sure how long that will take, but wanted to let you all know!
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 02:22:39 PM »
Thanks, Heidi. I hope she will be able to join in some challenges.

April :smile:

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 02:36:27 PM »
Connie is locked out too. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 03:43:03 PM »
 ???  Oh no!  I hope it gets fixed soon.  That means only challenge sponsors can see each other's challenges?
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 04:32:33 PM »
???  Oh no!  I hope it gets fixed soon.  That means only challenge sponsors can see each other's challenges?

That appears to be the case.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 04:54:33 PM »
I did a test to see how hard it would be to move our challenges to a board where all stampers can see them ...
It is easy.  I tested by moving mine to the Winterfest Discussion thread because it's open to all stampers.  The only drawback was that then I did not have permission to delete it!  Uh oh!  So I deleted the body of my test post and tried to explain why it was there.

What do you think?  Should we move our challenges?  Wait till tomorrow?  I'm worried that maybe Sadie won't see it until Monday.

One drawback is that it's easy to move the initial challenge, but replies won't get moved ...
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2018, 05:00:04 PM »
It’s not a bad idea. I could always copy and paste the replies to a document first.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 12:28:58 PM »
What are you working on today?

Anyone stamping while watching the Super Bowl tonight?
My neighbors are having a get together.  They are projecting the game outside on the side of the house (unless it rains) I hope to go just for a bit at the beginning and then sneak back home to stamp in front of the TV in blissful solitude!  (is that bad?) .  DH is out of town so I don't have to accompany him ...

Cindi

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 01:09:53 PM »
LOL Cindi! Only thing i like about football is the food--tailgate or inside party 🍻🍺🍗🍕🍔
Have fun!
I did one challenge so far.
Chance of rain ruining their party doesn't appear too high.
Our side of the state likely to get any precip first & later tonight ☔⛅
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2018, 01:54:07 PM »
Well, DS didn’t get to go skiing because it is raining instead of snowing here.  We are going to go to a Super Bowl party probably just for the first half. I am making cupcakes with icing grass and chocolate footballs.  Also deviled eggs with chive laces to look like footballs and then pizza sliders. 

I haven’t worked on anything yet. I wanted to start with Sarahs challenge, but I haven’t decided on a stamp yet.  I hope to at least start a project before the Super bowl! 

I see at least a couple completed projects in the gallery!  Good for you guys! I need to go check them out.
~~Heidi~~