Author Topic: Christmas All Year - September 2019  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year - September 2019
« on: September 07, 2019, 10:00:03 AM »
Sorry I'm a little late.  September has been quite a month already.  We lucked out with Hurricane Dorian, though it was very stressful prepping and waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

This month's prompt is brought to you by the letter

H

Let's see how many Christmas cards we can get done in the month of September!

Cindi

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year - September 2019
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 02:58:06 PM »
Here is my submission for September.  Hope to make more!  While away on a trip, I brought some tags with me to cross stitch, and it was fun to take them out and play with them while sitting around in a campground., etc. 

So glad you lucked out with Hurricane Dorian! 

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4620#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 08:05:52 AM »
Thanks Nora!  Your tag card is so sweet!    I've been looking for portable projects and your cross stitch tags are a great idea.
Cindi

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 05:03:09 PM »
Here is another submission for your challenge.  It was a fun card to make.

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4624#top_display_media

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 02:17:37 PM »
Here is one card. I used the heated pearls technique for the background.

April

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4625#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 09:51:40 PM »
Such cool cards, Nora and April! 

I love seeing new Christmas cards in the gallery when I log in! 

Nora, I couldn't quite figure out how you made the background.  At first I thought the green was paint and gesso applied to the white.  That is a neat die! 

April, great way to use the "H" prompt!  I'll have to look that technique up for a refresher. 
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2019, 11:44:31 AM »
Here is a card for this month!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4631#top_display_media

I do have 9 Christmas images all colored, but need to figure out how I am going to make them into cards.  I am hoping to have my plan by next Tuesday so I can complete them at craft group.

I have committed to providing 10 cards for the Assisted Living home where my craft group meets, so I really do need to get many cards made in the next two months!
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2019, 02:48:26 PM »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2019, 09:45:37 PM »
I finished 9 cards the other night and got them photographed today.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4637#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4636#top_display_media

The main stamp set is from 2004 and I got it at a thrift store at some point but didn’t really use it much.  I colored the images one week at craft group.  Then during the next week I got to think about how I wanted to finish the card, and I assembled them at craft group this week.

I’m feeling good about catching up on all the months I only made one card!
~~Heidi~~

Offline rutabagapie

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2019, 12:59:35 PM »
Hello, I saw a link from 2peasrefugees to this site and I recognized some of your names from long ago on 2peas.  I don't know if anyone remembers me, but it's nice to see so many of you still making cards.  :smile: I was just looking for some fun challenges for holiday cards, I hope that there will be some November posts.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2019, 03:42:01 PM »
Hello, I saw a link from 2peasrefugees to this site and I recognized some of your names from long ago on 2peas.  I don't know if anyone remembers me, but it's nice to see so many of you still making cards.  :smile: I was just looking for some fun challenges for holiday cards, I hope that there will be some November posts.

I think I do remember your screen name!  Welcome!

So, Cindi (Iring) has been visiting her daughter and new grand baby. That is why there is no November challenge yet. You could feel free to post your Christmas cards to this thread while we wait. 

But hey!  We will be doing a little “fest” for October fest very soon!  It will be October 25/26 - November 3. 

This is a smaller stamping group but we love chatting and sharing our projects!  Thanks for joining!
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2019, 01:36:49 PM »
Hi rutabagapie! I also remember your user name. So glad you found us. Yes, please join in the Intoberfest here if you can.

April :smile:

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2019, 08:15:27 PM »
I'm finally caught up with September!  It's always so nice to log in and see your beautiful Christmas cards!  Thanks for being patient with me while I've been away ... I thought about adding an October challenge a few times, but just didn't get a chance.  I'll post more in the private chat.

I think I will go ahead and post a challenge for this last week in October ... so be on the lookout.

So happy to have you join us rutabagapie! 

The Christmas All Year Challenge is here to help us get a jump start on Christmas cards a few at a time.  Prompts are always optional.
I'm looking forward to seeing more cards this week if you get a chance!
Cindi