Author Topic: Crafting Goals for 2015?  (Read 2635 times)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Crafting Goals for 2015?
« on: January 01, 2015, 09:10:39 PM »
Do you have any crafting goals for the new year?  Not necessarily resolutions but some things you want to achieve or try this year?

I've got a few goals:

1) have the Christmas presents made by September so that I don't have an insane holiday season this year

2) post to my crafting blog more frequently

3) finish all of those partially finished projects I have taking up space or get rid of the stuff if I'm not going to use it

4) finish organizing my craft space
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: Crafting Goals for 2015?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 09:30:27 PM »
Hey Sarah...so good to see you here!   As you know there are many ways to look at making plans, resolutions, goals.  So just wanted to let you know some of us are taking a little different approach over on the next forum below this one...http://duhnproductions.com/forum/index.php?topic=493.msg5296#msg5296  We are looking at our accomplishments this past year and celebrating what we did prior to focusing on this year.  I know you did lots of great creative things last year..so you may want to join us.

Anyways just wanted you to know in case you missed it...I know it's hard to catch up after you been gone for a while. Never too late to join in if you like!..Jan
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 08:07:29 AM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 12:40:09 PM »
Yes, the other thread about our accomplishments over the last year is a good companion to this one.

My goals are to
1) Figure out passwords and stuff to get back to my blog.
2) Start an ongoing challenge about card design here.
3) Use stuff that I haven't used in a while, or techniques I haven't done in a while.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 12:46:48 PM »
I'll have to go check out that thread, Jan.

Good goals, Heidi.  I toying with starting a hoarders anonymous challenge to get me using my stash of neglected stuff.   
Sarah

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 12:51:12 PM »
1.  I am going to try to do, what I did another year.  Stop buying unless absolutely, absolutely have to.  I have so much stuff that probably has never seen the light of day.

2.  I want to try new styles. I want to make cards, using techniques that I see on Facebook and on Pinterest.  Basically, I want to stretch my imagination.  I have a safe comfort zone, but this year want to go beyond that. 

3.  Finish straightening and reorganization of craft room.

4.  This will be a huge project for me:  Put things away and do not let them stack up on my desk, spread to other rooms.  Must put stuff away after using!!!!!!!!!

5  Participate in more challenges.  I started out OK in 2014 and then not so much in the last months.

Thanks so much for this questions.  I also will go back and read the other thread.

6.  Oh yes, I will be asking more questions - I want to know what others think about products, techniques.

That's all for Now.

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 11:52:57 AM »
Hi Sarah! Fun thread:)

My goals are-
Start a crafting blog

Do more card folds

Make a shaker card. I'm intimidated by those!

Explore some different styles

Revisit some techniques I haven't done on a while.
LeighAnn

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 01:21:18 PM »
This is a good thread.

1.  Put up Oldies techniques with steps on my personal blog. This of you who want to do this this year, you can visit my blog here http://stampwillydesigns.blogspot.com/. My goal is to put these up every 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month.

2.  Get my Christmas cards finished early. Hope we have the Christmas All Year challenge again! That helps a lot.

3.  Learn new techniques on my Gelli plate that is coming soon in the mail.

4.  Get on some more design teams.

5.  Make cards for organizations that need them.

Stampwilly

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 01:52:19 PM »
Great goals, everyone!

Ann, I had the straigtening up my craft space goal last year, and although I do not always do it, I have gotten in a better habit of cleaning up after each project.  It helps me create more.

Stampwilly, have you applied to more design teams? Good luck!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 03:40:02 PM »
4.  This will be a huge project for me:  Put things away and do not let them stack up on my desk, spread to other rooms.  Must put stuff away after using!!!!!!!!!

Ann, I'm so guilty of this too.  In fact, I'm still cleaning up from my Christmas crafting.  :D

LeighAnn - you should definitely give a shaker card a try.  They really aren't that bad to make. 

Stampwilly - good luck with getting on more design teams. 
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 03:45:06 PM »
I am considering a Christmas goal this year.  I am thinking of buying one large or a couple regular sets of stamps and making all my cards this year from those new sets. I only need 50 cards at the most.  I was thinking that then, I know no one will get a similar card from me next year, and there should already be plenty of ideas for the current sets on the 'net already. 

I could always use my other Christmas stamps then for tags and other creative things. 

I might get bored with the sets, but it might help stretch my skills too...

Anyhow, just writing it down.  A set I can see using is the Papertrey Ink Love Lives Here Holiday version set.  I have never purchased from them before.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Vroni_garmisch

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 11:09:15 AM »
I want to do a lot more challenges - I learn so much trying new techniques but I will never try them if it is not for a challenge ;-)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 11:18:38 AM »
I want to do a lot more challenges - I learn so much trying new techniques but I will never try them if it is not for a challenge ;-)

Nice to see you back Veronica!  I hope you will join in here!  There is a fun bargello technique challenge going on in the Oldies. Although the swaps already started this month, I know many of us have plans to start more challenges. 

And, don't forget that starting your own challenge is a great way to get yourself motiviated to try some stuff!!!
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 11:27:58 AM »
I have only got to read a few---I will finish reading others soon!  But wanted to post that I plan to:

1. Work on the Christmas card challenge all year (or at least until I finish everyone's cards)...

2. host a card challenge

3. finish my lap quilt I am hand quilting

4. Practice drawing more

That's all for now!  lol!
~~Melissa :)

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2015, 06:26:03 PM »
1.  Want to get onto a second design team (am I crazy?!)

2.  Want to join in more challenges (I did two this week)

My mojo has come back after a year hiatus so in general I want to be active in the stamp room, and here.  Thanks for the nudge Jan/Far North.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 06:27:51 PM by Canadian, eh »
Beth