Author Topic: WF18 ART4U...And Winner!!!  (Read 3977 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: WF18 ART4U
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2018, 08:52:19 PM »
I made a Poppy piece using a frame found at a thrift store for $2.  I've had the frame for quite a while ... just waiting to fill it.

I've been especially enamored with poppies after we lived in California for a year, in the desert, not far from a poppy preserve.

It's hanging in my craft room, a disaster area right now!  You can see it's next to a cork board with cards from you, Jan, and Connie and an inspiration sketch from a previous "fest".

Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2018, 09:07:03 PM »
I made 2 polished stone backgrounds in blues.  This is how I used my 2nd background.  I don't have another frame for it so I "borrowed' the frame from my first piece for the photograph.  (as a note, I also photographed without the glass to avoid glare.  I do plan to put the glass in the frame after it dries at least overnight).  I plan to buy another black frame for this one and hang them together.  (You don't have to count them both, but I wanted to show you anyway).

There is no stamping on this one, unless you count stamping with felt to make the polished stone!  I had the same difficulty with this as I do when I try to watercolor.  I don't know when to stop, and I try to mess with it too much!  I debated stamping a little butterfly or bee but I didn't want to mess it up.  I think Sharen AK Harris splattered some spots or something ... but again, yikes, if the ink is too wet it will "bloom".  I need to watch more videos and practice this more.  You really can paint with alcohol ink.  Unfortunately I'm not a painter in any medium so I had to keep it simple.

Thanks for the challenge Jan!  Truly a challenge!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2018, 10:23:31 PM »
Forgot to mention ... my alcohol ink pieces are done on Yupo paper.  New to me. 
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2018, 06:10:42 AM »

« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 06:22:33 PM »

Quote earlier post:

So very glad all of you made some art with stamps and products that have a special place in you heart!...happy valentines day to You :smitten:

April-Love you found a place for your art in the middle of all your wonderful products!  Thanks for sharing!

Yankee-ah-h I am so glad to see your balloons...thanks for playing.

Heidi-I was happy to see your framed art in the gallery!  What a great piece...enjoy!

Connie...Oh how great to have a piece of your art where it will bring you not only hope but a smile too when it is already a sunny day.  Thanks for sharing all the other special elements of your table too!

Newest add-on

Cindi-Great to see your photos of your 2 pieces of art hung in their new happy home...well 1 at a time for the moment.  I think your pieces on Yupo are wonderful!  Ah-h yes, my oldie challenge card on your cork board looks familiar :-)  And I brought my light switch cover with me to my new home.

A couple of tips for painting with AIs
-You can designate a palette for AI and later return with a brush dampened in rubbing alcohol to continue using the AI. If you drop dots of rubbing alcohol on glossy cardstock over AIs they enlarge quite a lot; if you work on Yupo they remain very small.  Also on Yupo you can remove AI with rubbing alcohol and only a light cast of color will remain-great to keep an "erasable" piece for new testing new ideas.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 06:20:27 AM by Far North »

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 08:20:59 PM »
Have you waited long enough to hear the winner of my random drawing?

Well here it is. . .

Connie is the name I pulled!  Congratuations!

Thanks again for playing my challenge!

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: WF18 ART4U...And Winner!!!
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2018, 10:11:48 PM »
How fun, thanks!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: WF18 ART4U...And Winner!!!
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2018, 08:50:02 AM »
Congrats!
~~Heidi~~