Author Topic: UtahAnn Challenge WF15 3=1  (Read 6640 times)

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
UtahAnn Challenge WF15 3=1
« on: February 16, 2015, 03:40:41 PM »
WF15 3=1 is my challenge and I came up with the idea after watching several Pinterest. 

While playing with  Alcohol Inks I created a piece which then sat on my desk for a week or so -  thought it was ugly and didn't know what to do with it.  Finally saw something where they dry embossed with embossing folders and then used white acrylic paint and a roller to finish off the piece.  I choose a folder that I hadn't used and ran the piece through the Cuttlebug.  The last part was to put the white paint on a piece of paper. Ran the roller through the paint and then rolled on the AI/EF  piece.  Now I liked the piece. Added some embellishments and turned the piece into a tag.

Please do not combine with another piece.

What you will need:

Your choice of paper to create your AI piece.
Embossing folder
White Acrylic Paint
Roller

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1095#top_display_media

« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 07:30:58 AM by Utah Ann »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: UtahAnn Challenge WF15 3=1
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 08:13:11 AM »
This sounds really fun.  I did place an order for AI so it will depend on whether they come in time as to whether I can participate. Thanks for hosting. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 09:44:08 AM »
Ann I do not have AI yet...but I do plan on getting some, but in the meantime, is it ok if I experiment making my own AI and using them for your challenge?
~~Melissa :)

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 09:59:25 AM »
Oh, my gosh, Ann, that's lovely.  Just like you, I have pieces of polished stone I made and never quite knew what to do with because they're a bit dark.  Hopefully, I'll find the time (and energy) to try this out.  Maybe this is the answer.  I love your piece.

Daria

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 10:36:47 AM »
Ann, I love your challenge and can't wait to play. I've ran AI pieces thru my cuttlebug but have never used acrylic paint on the raised part. Sounds like fun!

I love your sample, it's beautiful. So funny, when I was looking at it, I thought ooh I love that embossing folder. I looked at it again and realized I have that folder and just used it! It's so fun to see how different techniques can give things a whole new look.
LeighAnn

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 12:44:15 PM »
Very cool challenge.  And your tag is wonderful.  I'll add your details to the cheat sheet.
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 02:00:36 PM »
Looking forward to giving your challenge a try!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 08:44:26 AM by Far North »

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 07:35:33 PM »
To any of you who do not have AI's, as I have been reading, similar results can be achieved using different products: re inkers, DI distress inks, sprays and damp sponges and other inks.  If you use a different product it still will be eligible for the challenge and please list what you used so others can learn by what products you used.

Just have fun.

Thanks for all of your comments.

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 08:25:51 PM »
Cool Ann!!  I have many of those other options!!  Thank you for allowing them too!!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 08:55:37 AM »
Thanks Ann.  If my order doesn't come today, I will try one of the other options.  Thanks for allowing it.
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 07:14:35 PM »
I am a believer, the white paint makes a big difference in how the paper looks.  Thank you for hosting this challenge UtahAnn.

The bottom of this post has the pictures of the alcohol ink card before I added the white acrylic paint and the extras.

Thank you for looking.

Butterfly Card

Tower Card
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 08:17:45 AM »
Sadie, thanks for showing the progress pics. What a difference in looks!

I really enjoyed this challenge. I don't play with my alcohol inks enough. I need to because it's fun to see the different backgrounds you can get.
Here's my card. My white acrylic pain was dried up so I used some distress paint in picket fence. The color was a bit light but I like the results I got.
 http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1141

Thank you, Ann! This was so fun  O0
LeighAnn

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 09:21:20 AM »
Thank you Sadie for showing the before photos!  The ink does make a difference!  This helps me out since I have never done this technique before--neat to see how it can change.

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 10:21:43 AM »
I really liked this one.
I made a mistake and put one piece in the folder wrong, but to much work not to use.
My paint lumpy and finally brayered it smooth, but not happy with it.  The backwards came out better so I used that one. 
Photo is in gallery.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 02:14:35 PM »
This was fun. I had a problem at first because my first ef did not impress very high and I kept getting paint on the inside. I switched to a different ef and it worked a lot better. I used green patterned paper for my background. Love the other cards I have seen too!

Stampwilly

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1145#top_display_media