Author Topic: WF15 Challenge: "Art @ your fingertips" Winner announced.  (Read 8374 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Re: WF15 Challenge: "Art @ your fingertips" Winner announced.
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2015, 11:35:35 AM »
Thought of your challenge Daniel when I saw Jennifer McGuire's post today:

paint with fingers

The painting starts around 4:05....she paints the stamped images using pigment inks and her fingers-----also thought of Ann, lol---Jennifer said that pigment ink doesn't soak into your paper, thus doesn't soak into your fingers and makes for an easy cleanup!
~~Melissa :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2015, 11:53:07 AM »
Fun video, tfs!  I have the set of avery elle inks and I will have to try this!
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2015, 11:56:42 AM »
I am getting a white and red Avery Elle--can't wait until they get here!  and I want to try this using them and my other pigment inks!

For Daniel's challenge I used distress inks only--as they more or less clean off your fingers with water and the rest comes off usually be end of day for me....but I wash my hands often by bedtime with all the cooking at suppertime.

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2015, 10:21:17 AM »
I like how she went over the whole thing with embossing powder in the end really brings out the colors

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2015, 10:50:50 AM »
My puter doesn't play well with videos, but glad for the share. Thanks, Melissa.

Connie. I too find that glazing--EP or Diamond Glaze (liquid)--can really help pop colors & details on a piece. Plus... Glazing between stampings can add depth to a piece. I know DG can be stamped with many different inks & I'm sure lots of different (clear) EPs will accept inks/paints.
Daniel

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2015, 11:47:02 AM »
Oh! That is what I get for not finishing the video!---I miss where she used the EP at the end---TY Connie for sharing that...I'm going to go finish the video..

Daniel, I wondered if you'd be able to watch it...I'm sorry that you couldn't.  I should had posted the blog posting also----here it is, Daniel--you can see the finished cards after she colored them: blog page with images colored

That is a great idea to stamp on top of EP, etc--I'll have to try that sometime.  And I'll have to try glazing other images.