Author Topic: New way to temporarily mount unmounted red rubber  (Read 4970 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: New way to temporarily mount unmounted red rubber
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2019, 02:07:40 PM »
Daria, both sizes of clear mount are showing up as pre-orders now.  Shipping on our about 8/3/2019.

I measured my stamps and I think I can get away with the 4x6.  I'm going for it!  Just browsing to see if I need any stamps ... I think their anniversary sale ends Monday.  I don't think the clear mount will be on sale because it is listed as a "stamp supply", not a stamp.
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2019, 09:29:04 AM »
Thank you Heidi for directions to get to the order form!   I could not see the the word supplies on my screen and duh I didn't think to scroll down.

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2019, 08:52:48 AM »
Thanks.  I ordered the big one since I have some unmounted background stamps.  When I checked the unmounted stamps to figure out which size to buy, I found a couple of large photopolymer stamp sets I had stored with them and forgot about.  Happy camper.

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2019, 07:43:17 PM »
I received mine quickly.  I tried it out, and it was very sticky.  It was hard to pull off the plastic backings.  It stuck great to the door of the Misti.  I put my unmounted stamp in the Misti and picked it up with the mounting stamp that was mounted on the door of the Misti.  The unmounted stamp promptly fell off.  I tried again and pushed really hard so it would make contact.  It worked, but I didn't feel very confident; when I started to remove the unmounted stamp, it just slid off by itself.

Today, I tried the mounting stamp again.  This time the unmounted stamp fell off every single time I tried it.  I went back and watched the video to see if I was doing something wrong.  Nope.  I'm doing it the same way they do it in the demo.  How is it that something that sticky doesn't hold onto my unmounted stamps? 

Daria

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2019, 08:47:46 PM »
wow that is weird, I think maybe write them and tell them and see what they have to say

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2019, 07:55:43 AM »
Connie, I just did that.  I'm actually curious because the mounting stamp sticks just fine to the plastic backing sheets and to the door of the Misti.  Yet, the unmounted rubber stamps just fall off when I close the door to stamp an image.  Puzzled.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2019, 02:36:46 PM »
That is so weird!  What could be the problem.  Daria, let us know if you find out!  I hadn’t purchased one yet (I am temporarily not buying any craft supplies to make sure I use what I have) but I was really thinking this would be a must-purchase item!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2019, 04:46:40 PM »
Daria, did you ever get it figured out?  I saw that they are advertising this on their blog today.
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2019, 08:43:12 AM »
No, I didn't.  The response from POD was that they didn't know why it wasn't sticking.  They wondered if I had cleaned it with something that caused that to happen.  I tried several different stamps, new and old.  The only one that stuck was a very thin gray background stamp.  The regular-sized rubber stamps fell off over and over.

Cindi had a similar problem the first time she tried it.  Cindi, have you played with it any more?  Results?

Daria

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2019, 09:46:59 PM »
No, I haven't tried it again.  My stamp fell off the first time too.  I think I did stamp with it eventually, if I remember right ... but I can't remember the exact situation.  Seems like I pressed the stamp to it pretty firmly, but some definitely fell off.  Maybe the stamp that worked was already a bit sticky from a previous mounting option? 

Maybe once we get home from Denver I'll get a chance to try again.  I'm sorry you didn't get a better response from POD, Daria.  I think I did try washing the rubber in case it had some sort of manufacturing residue on it ... don't remember if it made I difference, but I don't think it did.

Cindi

Offline rutabagapie

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2019, 01:06:36 PM »
Curious if anyone has tried this product for their unmounted red rubber stamps.  I have quite a few of them that I was dreading mounting on foam. Purple Onion usually does a nice Black Friday sale, so I may order this if anyone can give me a good review on it?

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2019, 09:43:52 AM »
Sorry rutabagapie, I haven't had a chance to try it again.  Just got home from a month long trip.  If I get it out this week I will be sure to let you know ... first impression of the stamp mount wasn't great, unfortunately. 
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2019, 10:06:42 AM »
Purple Onion released some new Christmas stamps today so I took a look and they are still selling these.  I did an internet search and don’t see many reviews at all.  I imagine if they are still selling them, then they haven’t gotten too many complaints?

~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2019, 06:22:35 AM »
FYI Sandy Alcock used his product in a video this morning.

https://youtu.be/TDdmw_CKi1I

I am wondering IF this product is actually photopolymer material, can you just wash it in the sink and let it air dry, to get sticky again?
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2019, 10:23:06 PM »
I think it could be just a thick-ish, blank, photopolymer stamp ...

and I sure wish I could find mine!  Darn thing is clear, and I can't remember where I put it, probably two or more months ago ...

I REALLY need to clean up my craft room.

Ugh!
Cindi