Author Topic: Christmas All Year - November 2018  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year - November 2018
« on: October 31, 2018, 10:50:13 PM »
Yikes!  How did it get to be November already?

Since I've been using lots of patterns as prompts this year, I decided to pick Chevrons for this month's prompt.  You can interpret it in the form of ric rac or any zig zag-y way you choose.

I googled Christmas chevron background patterns and selected images and saw lots of examples in all different colors and scales.

As always, the prompt is optional, but I hope you have fun with it.  Upload a pic to the Christmas Cards All Year 2018 album in the gallery and link here.

Thanks for playing.

A bit of trivia, Nov 1st is All Saints Day, Author's Day and Men Make Dinner Day, now that's worth celebrating!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year - November 2018
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 07:47:42 AM »
Lol, Men Make dinner day! I don’t actually have dinner planned yet...

Thanks for the challenge!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 08:26:35 AM »
I think this will be a new one for me, don't know that I have ever used a chevron pattern on a Christmas card.....
I will have to let hubby know it is his day to cook dinner, he will probably just take me out if he has to cook, LOL

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 09:36:16 AM »
This will be a fun challenge. I have not used chevron before even though it has been popular. I think I have a chevron embossing folder. I know I would NOT get dinner if hubby had to cook! LOL! He has really been busy lately.

April :smile:

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 08:22:30 PM »
April, I love it!  It looks really artsy with the chevrons and the colorburst, but yet it's still a clean card.  Nice job!  You're so quick!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 03:19:29 PM »
Finally!  I made a few cards for my own challenge!   I have 3 5 done so far.  Hope to do a few more at least.
I stamped lots of extra mistletoe while I had my stamp positioner all set up for Inktober Fest.  Today I've been trying to decide what to do with them.  I searched my supplies for chevrons and this embossing folder seemed the best option.

Here is my card.

Attached is a version where the embossing folder was reversed (I guess that would be debossed!).  I also started misting my card fronts so the card stock doesn't crack.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 04:33:32 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 09:09:17 PM »
I have SO MUCH printed paper.  I saw how pretty Connie's dangle card was with her Heartfelt Creations paper, that I decided to dig in to my Christmas papers.  The My Mind's Eye paper stack I used for this card says 2009 on the cover  :o .

The last card I made with chevron embossing turned out the best!  Wouldn't you know?!  I embossed a separate piece of cardstock and mounted it to a white card base with lots of foam tape.  I also positioned the mistletoe and sentiment closer together.  I'm attaching a pic.  If I make more ... I'll do them this way. 

I'm so happy to have even the smallest start on a Christmas card stash ... now I'm in the mood to keep going (but you should see my kitchen!)
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 02:17:52 PM »
I'm on a mistletoe roll!  It's Christmas in November.  I made 8 of this version.  To conserve time, weight and foam tape, I adhered the embossed layer flat to the card base and used foam tape on just the focal piece.  Attached is a peek at the inside.

I have a lot of catching up to do!

Oh!  And Daria, if you're looking ... yes, the insides are done and my "hallmark" is on the back.  They are ready for mailing!   ;)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 02:19:49 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 02:27:47 PM »
Does anyone know where this piece came from? 

Last night as I was die cutting and embossing I heard something drop ... but I hadn't dropped anything.  When I picked up my Big Kick, that little black piece was underneath it.   :o

Does anyone know where it came from?  I couldn't see anything missing underneath.  Is it a washer?  Some sort of spring?   :o  So far so good, my machine is still working ... but I'm knocking on wood! 

Should I be watching HSN craft day tomorrow looking for a new die cutter? 
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2018, 03:11:15 PM »
I have no idea!  If it still works, I would still use it till it doesn’t work anymore, lol.
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2018, 06:19:34 PM »
No idea what that little thing is. 

I just now saw the Chevron Prompt!  What a good idea.  I love the cards that have been posted.  (Cindi, congratulations on doing the insides too!)

I just posted two cards I began before last Christmas.  I have been staring at those backgrounds pretty much all year.

Card 1

Card 2

My favorite is Card 1, but I have three of Card 2.  That's four more cards made.  Yay!

Daria

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 07:28:34 PM »
Hubby says that thing looks like it could be some kind of a clamp, hopefully it was just something used in the packaging and it won't affect the workings of the machine.  I have put the HSN shows on my DVR to be taped.  We have a busy day planned for tomorrow, so I won't be able to watch them as they show it so things will probably be sold out by the time I see them, but I like the ideas they show

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2018, 07:49:51 PM »
Yay Daria!  Thanks for linking your cards here.  They are really pretty!  You saved your backgrounds for just the right cards.

Thanks for asking your hubby, Connie!  Mine isn't home yet.  That little piece is metal.  I don't see anything like it on the bottom, and I sure don't want to open it up, but I have seen youtube videos where people take them apart and replace the bearings.  It's still working, so I guess I won't fix what isn't broken!

I might tape some of HSN too as I'll be gone a good part of the day.  I rarely buy anything, but I do like watching some of the demos. 
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2018, 08:52:57 PM »
I rarely buy either but have a few things, I do like getting ideas!