Author Topic: Christmas All Year - November 2020  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year - November 2020
« on: November 01, 2020, 08:36:29 AM »
Here we go!  It's almost crunch time!

I think we should finish up the alphabet so we're ready for something new in 2021.

November's prompts are U, V and W

You can guess what December's prompts will be!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 08:38:48 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year - November 2020
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 08:51:06 AM »
it is getting very close, I need to count how many I have and get my list written out :)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 09:06:23 AM »
Wow! This year has flown by. Thanks for doing this again this year. This always help me so much to get my cards made early!

April :D

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 02:33:42 PM »
You're welcome! 

Yes, this year for the most part has flown by, but I'm not sure it can get out of here fast enough, ha!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 09:24:28 AM »
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 11:28:44 AM »
Pretty card, Heidi!  I like the faint green blending behind the flowers.  Hmmm, I wonder if I can find any narcissus bulbs.  I've grown them in the past, but I have trouble getting them to bloom before they get very tall and want to tip over.   

Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 12:36:50 PM »
Pretty card, Heidi!  I like the faint green blending behind the flowers.  Hmmm, I wonder if I can find any narcissus bulbs.  I've grown them in the past, but I have trouble getting them to bloom before they get very tall and want to tip over.   
Thank you! I have never grown narcissus.  I am pretty sure they are bad for cats.  My cats have been trying to get at my Holiday cactus since I brought them inside just yesterday. Those aren’t poisonous for them but they like to chew on them and knock them over!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2020, 01:46:00 PM »
Yay!  12 more cards finished, inside and out and envelopes embellished (ran flap through embossing folder).

Fa La La

U, V, W

I'm going with "V" for verse .... Fa la la la la, la la la la!

Seriously debating whether to make more ... I need more cards, but not sure if I want to do more fussy cutting.  The cutting wasn't hard, except I used an exacto knife to cut out the centers of the "A"s.  I tried to get away with an easy version ... just cut a strip with the letters on it and slap it down the middle ... but DH didn't approve, said the letters didn't stand out enough.  True.  Nice try though, huh?!

Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2020, 12:20:18 AM »
Five more cards in the "finished" box! 

I really think it was at least 2 or 3 years ago that I "kitted" these cards.  The card bases and layers were all cut and the image stamped using the Triple Time Stamping technique.  All I needed to do was color them and put the layers together.  Ha!  Took longer than I thought.  I colored with Tombow markers, then colored the bows with gold sparkle pop pen.   Then I decided to add some shimmer to the shells, but I didn't want the star fish to shimmer, I wanted it to have a bit of grit, so I painted the star fish with distress stickles.  Then I decided they needed pearls.  I cut natural white card stock for the insides and stamped a sentiment.  Too many steps!  5 was enough of these!

Could not get a decent picture, I uploaded at least 3 or 4 times.  Sorry!

Shell Wreaths

ETA:  I tried one more time to take a picture, today in daylight ... a little clearer, but still can't see the shimmer on the shells. 

« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 12:08:36 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2020, 02:27:53 PM »
I love your card, Cindi. Here are my two that I made with wreaths using the Stamp Gear! I have had these wreaths in my stash for years! It was good to finally use them.

April :smile:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5244#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5245#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2020, 10:56:45 AM »
Your wreaths are really pretty, April!  Doesn't it feel good to use the bits and pieces we have saved?  They come in handy sometimes!

I have a box I use to store Christmas card parts.  I had a pack of 10 birds and branches I stamped at least a year ago, probably even longer!  I bought this layering stamp set for my mom at a stamp expo.  We stamped them together one day when my sister was visiting and we had a crafting day.  I guess I never got inspired to finish them in to cards. 

These are not particularly inspiring, but I kind of like them!  The most time consuming part was adding foam adhesive to the back of the birds.  I got kind of obsessed and cut it to fit everywhere, down the little bird legs, out toward the beaks ... they are pretty well covered!

Christmas Cardinals

Two questions for all of you :

1.  How much foam adhesive do you use?  Just a few pop dots?  completely cover with a matching die cut of fun foam?  one piece of foam tape down the middle?  or multiple pieces of foam tape cut to fit every nook and cranny, ha!?  I think I've seen all of the above on card making youtube videos.  Have you ever received a card in the mail where the popped up layer has collapsed?  I don't think I have, so I'm wondering if my foam tape craziness was totally unnecessary?

2.  How do you adhere pressure embossed pieces to your card front?  And then adhere focal pieces to the top of the embossed piece?

10 more cards in the finished box!  Yay!

« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 10:58:36 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2020, 08:52:38 AM »
To answer your questions, Cindi ---

1.  I always put a foam dot in the middle so it won't sag and randomly put pieces around that. If there are delicate areas on my image I will put a small dot there so it won't rip when taken out of the envelope.

2.  I just adhere my embossed piece to my card with my runner tape. I also use runner tape on the image I place on the embossed piece unless I want to pop it up.

April :smile:

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2020, 09:57:32 AM »
I really never worried about covering my pieces totally I raised all over just a piece in each corner and then maybe one in the middle, well one of my friends posted a card I made for her on facebook and then thanked me and the piece was creased right where there was no foam tape so ever since I tried to add a bit more.

I think your next question is for pieces that were embossed in a folder?  I use to use tape but now have gone with using Gina K connect glue, I feel like it grabs better.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2020, 11:32:28 AM »
Thanks for your responses.

Yes, in the second question I was referring to card layers embossed in a folder. 

I used ATG gun around the edge of my embossed layer, then I think I saw a video or post suggesting they adhered the middle too, so I added some liquid glue in spots that would touch in the middle ... but then worried if I got adhesive on raised parts, they would touch the card front and flatten!  I think I was having an afternoon of adhesive insecurity!  I'm thinking I'll go back to ATG gun around the outside, or a good liquid glue I'm sure would be fine too.  I laid a big acrylic block over the top for a few minutes to help them grab.  I glued the branch with liquid glue, and again added a little weight while it was drying. 

Maybe it was in a splitcoast stampers post ... someone thought an ATG gun flattened her embossing, but I didn't notice that happening.
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2020, 09:18:42 PM »
I always lay my big acrylic blocks over my card after applying my wet glue