Author Topic: Oldies Challenge -- APRIL -- WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4452 times)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Oldies Challenge -- APRIL
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 12:38:00 PM »
Heidi, your card is great! I also like the pink background you made and it might look good with something. You never know. Thanks for doing the challenge and experimenting too!

Stampwilly

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2015, 01:24:25 PM »
I love these oldie's challenges (usually).  This was my least favorite, but I promised myself that I would do it.  I had fun doing this one despite the many pitfalls.

My husband reminded me that just because there is a challenge, I don't have to do it.  I talked to myself as I was doing this, and then it got silly.  I have the background done and hated it and then decided a butterfly could fix anything.  Then can the bigger challenge something to put it on.  Tried several and  most didn't work. 

Finally decided that I as not giving up and found the perfect paper in a stash.  The card has character and someone would like it.  (maybe).  I really will not be hurt if no one leases any praise on the card, but I did stick through to the end.  I do not care for this technique and I don't think I will do this technique again. 

Thanks so much for making my day - the laughs and giggles from myself made my day.   I will be posting and then returning.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1509&message_id=7cc1c1563ab2cc6280a0f86b87437a80&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 01:39:38 PM by Utah Ann »

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2015, 01:58:09 PM »
LOL, Ann! You know what I like about you?  Everything!  #> I used to be concerned about how you often seemed worried that what you were sharing--projects &/or comments--was not 'good enough'.

Know what?! I am no longer 'worried' about you! :o Took me a while, but I now understand that what you write is not a lack of confidence any larger than that which many of us carry with us. You just say what lots of us say inside our own heads.

God bless your DH! I hope he survived his well-meant 'advice'.  ;D But we all know that our 'must-follow-thru' are a combination of what we do for ourselves as well as the friends we have.

Looking forward to seeing your project. Please let me know if you'd like my praise to be brutal :tickedoff: or soothing :smitten:.  Since I can 'combo' I can combine both. :laughhard:
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2015, 02:23:57 PM »
Can't wait for y'all to see what Ann did for this month's challenge & the first comment (hers) is funny. So... feel free to say "hello" & go from there...

Butterfly in the Dark  :smitten:
Daniel

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2015, 02:47:45 PM »
Looser - Thank you so much for your comments.  Your comments can be anything you need to say about my pieces.  I can take it.  I really don't lack confidence -  I really try to tell it like it is.    I am a straight up kind of gal.  Just love handing out with you all here. 

I am glad that you finally get me.    You are my measuring stick. ::)  Like the name you gave for my card. 

Have a great day Daniel. 

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2015, 04:53:55 PM »
..You are my measuring stick. ::)

If you desire a 'measuring stick', pal, I'm happy to accept the post. Please look @ 24.57385 inches on all my shared work. ::)

LOL, Ann! You don't just hang out here--silly you says your 'measuring stick'  ;D. You interact with us. Can't ask for more than that. TY, Ann.
Daniel

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2015, 05:46:05 PM »
Oh Ann, thanks for sticking with my challenge. I am so sorry you had a rough time! I have been there too. Sometimes the technique looks so easy and then it turns out to be so hard for some reason! I think your butterfly and card turned out super.

Stampwilly

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2015, 09:25:08 AM »
Okay, it is time to announce the winner and start a new OLDIES challenge!

First I want to thank those of you who participated in this month's challenge. All the projects are great! You are a talented bunch!

Now for the winner -- it is SARAH!  Congrats!  ;D  Please pm me your address so that I can send it ASAP.

I hope you will enjoy May's challenge.

Stampwilly

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: Oldies Challenge -- APRIL -- WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2015, 09:28:47 AM »
Congrats, Sarah! And TY, April for a fun challenge! O0
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2015, 10:05:07 AM »
Congrats Sarah!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2015, 03:45:39 PM »
Congratulations Sarah!  O0
Cindi

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2015, 09:46:21 AM »
Woo Hoo!!!

Thanks April.

And, Ann, I think we've all been there, where the technique just doesn't want to cooperate.  Your butterfly may not show the pp very well but it is lovely.
Sarah