Author Topic: Christmas All Year 2015 - April  (Read 3585 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year 2015 - April
« on: April 05, 2015, 09:34:20 PM »
When thinking of a prompt for April, all I could think of is "April showers bring May flowers", so even though it's April, and not May yet ... how about some flowers on your Christmas cards this month?  They can be stamped, printed paper, embellishments ... Poinsettias come to mind, but you can use any flower you'd like.

Please add your cards to the Christmas Cards All Year 2015 album in the gallery, and link them up here!

Let's get the show on the road and get some Christmas cards made this month!

Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year 2015 - April
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 08:47:03 AM »
Thanks for the prompt! I love adding flowers to my cards. This will be fun.

Stampwilly

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 11:08:23 AM »
Sounds like just the prompt I need to have some fun, Cindi!
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 10:42:20 AM »
I ended up making a 'Christmas Card' using your prompt, Cindi. It was fun. Have a bit of tweaking to do on it & will share a pic soon as I'm able.
Daniel

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 03:00:44 PM »
Here are my 4 finished cards. Thanks for the fun prompt! :smile:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1455#top_display_media

Stampwilly

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 02:51:17 PM »
Wow, I'm excited to see your Christmas card Daniel.   It's nice to see you here.

April, your cards are beautiful!  You are inspiring me to go take a look at my poor, neglected border punches.  I love all the ways you added flowers.

Well, besides "April showers, bring May flowers", I swear there was a poinsettia stamp on my counter that also inspired this prompt.  Do you think I can find it now?  No!  I must have put it away  ;D and now I can't find it.  Ugh! 
Cindi

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 10:33:36 AM »
LOL, Cindi! That would make a great title for a mystery--"The Missing Pointsettia".

BTW? Did you ever notice that Holly leaves & the 'petals' of a Pointsettia are pretty much the same shape?  ;)
Daniel

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 07:39:21 PM »
Did you ever notice that Holly leaves & the 'petals' of a Pointsettia are pretty much the same shape?

No, I hadn't noticed... thanks for the tip!
Cindi

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 08:49:12 PM »
Oooh, I've got a poinsettia die that I haven't used yet.  This is just the prompt I need. 

I love your cards Stampwilly.

Cindi - don't you just hate it when things go missing off your work space.
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 09:30:43 PM »
Cindi - don't you just hate it when things go missing off your work space.

Yes! 

I just saw a video showing tinted cutting plates for the Sizzix Big Shot.  They are supposed to be harder to misplace than the clear ones!  Haha!  They know me!
Cindi

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 12:05:21 PM »
I actually sent Heidi a verrrry early Christmas card.  Cindi's flower 'prompt' was fun to play with. My inspiration was a bit like an old 'Hagar the Horrible' comic strip... You see Hagar's wife (Helga) taking down the Christmas tree. Next you see her loaded down with paints & brushes. When asked what she's doing she replies, "Christmas is over. Time to paint the Easter eggs.".  Some years it seemed like my mom would start planning her Christmas baking as soon as Easter was past. ;D

Closed card

Open card
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 08:19:05 PM »
I wonder if they still have Hagar the Horrible comics.  I remember enjoying them when I was young but I don't read the comics very often anymore.  Very funny!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2015, 03:11:23 PM »
I wonder if they still have Hagar the Horrible comics.  I remember enjoying them when I was young but I don't read the comics very often anymore.  Very funny!

Hagar's strip is in our daily paper--in color on Sun.

Cindi. LOL on the 'holly out of the hole' comment in the gallery. I think one of the holly punchouts fell off in mailing, but you're right. It looks OK the way it is. O0
Daniel

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2015, 07:31:12 PM »
It looks more than ok, Daniel!  I love your spring Christmas card!  You covered all the bases, flowers and flours!
Cindi