Author Topic: OLDIES CHALLENGE -- JUNE -- WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3320 times)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
OLDIES CHALLENGE -- JUNE -- WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!!!!
« on: June 02, 2015, 03:27:17 PM »
Hi Everyone! It is time again for another OLDIES challenge. This month the technique is "kissing." This is "kissing" one stamp to another. Here is the link to instructions.

http://stampwillydesigns.blogspot.com/2015/05/oldies-technique-9-kissing.html

Please use this technique on your project, upload it to the gallery using the heading OLDIES CHALLENGE and link it here to this post. That is all. I will be giving a random RAK also. I can't wait to see your projects!

Stampwilly
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 09:35:31 AM by stampwilly »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: OLDIES CHALLENGE -- JUNE
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 08:00:25 PM »
Sounds very romantic!  Oh, and I like the technique a lot.  Thanks for hosting a fun new Oldies challenge!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 07:37:53 AM »
Can't wait to try this.  Your pear is so beautiful.

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 03:16:12 PM »
You said to use a large image stamp.  I need to continue looking, but am not sure that I have one.  May have to use a digital stamp, is that OK. 

Now that the AIR challenges are over, I will start to work on this one. 

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 10:05:07 PM »
The stamp does not need to be real large. A large stamp gives you a bigger palette to work with though. Digital stamps will not work for this.

Stampwilly

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 07:15:29 AM »
The largest & most solid stamp I have is a frog (what else?  ;D). I inked it up & kissed it with another stamp. Then I stamped on white CS. I used an oval die to make the diecut & ran that thru an EF on the de-bossed side. Swiped it with yellow DI so the leaves would show.

The base is another EF & I added strips of yellow to it. My frog thinks it's a chameleon...Confused Frog
Daniel

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 10:13:12 PM »
Great card, Daniel. Thanks for doing my challenge!

Stampwilly

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 02:30:56 PM »
Stampwilly, you do not need to count this toward the RAK since it is not the technique you used, but I was messing around today and came up with an idea for "Stamp kissing" that involves one stamp and then just a piece of texture cardstock (for those people who might not have a suitable texture stamp).   It was so simple and really is a pleasing look.  I think I may share this on my blog too.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1668&message_id=c29becd1d76237c5ad52b24e482babf6&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock

I hope to also do some stamp kissing with two stamps soon!  But this also got the task out of the way of making a kids card that I needed ASAP!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 05:09:07 PM »
WTG, Heidi!  April's 'KISS' is just one version of the technique (as I'm sure she'll agree when she posts)  :smile:

'Kissing' can be done with stamp-to-stamp & the 'kissing stamp' doesn't have to be inked. When you do that the uninked stamp (your textured stock) leaves its imprint without adding a new color.

See how smart you are (but we all know that, pal  ;D)?!
Daniel

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 05:22:18 PM »
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1667#top_display_media

This is my card for this challenge.  I would like it more, if I had more stamps that would work for it. 

But after finding my base stamp and got to playing with it, it was a very fun challenge.

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2015, 03:33:31 PM »
I tried it and posted it in the gallery.
I used a foam stamp that was blank in the center, I think it is for painting.
And stamped a tree inside it and after trying with lots of different combos I liked this one.
Made it into birthday card maybe foe a guy?
Born on the fourth of July

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 08:51:36 AM »
Yankee, great idea to try a foam stamp as they tend to have a lot of space to work with!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 07:02:10 AM »
I have tried kissing one stamp to another but never 2-3 stamps that will be a big challenge for me

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2015, 10:59:08 AM »
Here is the link to Yankee's card.          http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1669#top_display_media

Thanks to Ann, Heidi and Yankee for doing the challenge. The cards look wonderful and I am glad you tried the challenge and put your own twists to it!

Stampwilly

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2015, 07:58:59 AM »
I don't have many bold stamps but I found this one that I think worked well, first time kissing two stamps to another stamp
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1727&message_id=7da70d0a10103be04c33deada87fcd38&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock