Author Topic: June 2015 Challenge--Mask It Twice!  (Read 3865 times)

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
Re: June 2015 Challenge--Mask It Twice!
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2015, 02:59:56 PM »
Daniel do you have a on line site that might help me understanding the masking process.  I am not even sure what to look under.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 03:09:45 PM »
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 03:14:24 PM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2015, 07:46:24 AM »
THank you.  I will get to work this week.  Just have to pick the stamps.

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2015, 08:12:32 AM »
Thanx Heidi! Both tutes are very good!

Good-oh, Ann! Try to relax & have fun with this. I can't tell you how many times I've messed up a masked project, but it's ok--I promise.

Thanks Daniel. I think my biggest hurdle with masking is finding two stamps that are the right scale and styles (similar to each other) to mask.  Maybe I should work on being more creative with them. 

I hearya, Heidi! Since I tend to do lots of exploring when I craft--might be genetic  ::)--I've rarely been concerned that my images 'match' in style, size or whatever. I've made lots of doubtful choices, but also had some real 'winners' along the way.

Another suggestion for those who are learning the process... Don't get too worried about cutting out images precisely when you're beginning the learning journey. While I still do lots of very fussy cutting, I've also done masks that are not as precisely cut out. And they've been just fine for the projects.
Daniel

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2015, 03:02:50 PM »
Here is one of my cards and the other is beside it.  I hope that I did it right - with the girl at piano as my primary.  Know wondering if I got it backwards, but I looked at your fairy and I think I did it right. 

It was much easier this time than when I have tried to do it before.   I must still challenge myself to do this technique more often

Thanks for the challenge.

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2015, 03:04:02 PM »
Here is one of my cards and the other is beside it.  I hope that I did it right - with the girl at piano as my primary.  Know wondering if I got it backwards, but I looked at your fairy and I think I did it right. 

It was much easier this time than when I have tried to do it before.   I must still challenge myself to do this technique more often

Thanks for the challenge.http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1728#top_display_media

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2015, 10:14:09 PM »
Very fun cards submitted to this challenge! :smitten:
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2015, 06:40:25 AM »
Ya done real good, Ann! Thanks to all who played.
Daniel