Author Topic: Christmas All Year 2015 - August  (Read 4923 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year 2015 - August
« on: August 14, 2015, 02:09:24 PM »
Hopefully some of you have started in on your Christmas cards for the month ... no need to wait for me!  At least we have half a month left!
I was so excited about Daria taking over July, that I didn't remember the fact that it was actually the first 10 days of August that I would be out of town.
I'm slowly re-entering reality after my daughter's wedding.  We had a wonderful time in the Colorado mountains.  It was very hard to leave!  I hope to post some pics of the wedding crafting this weekend.  I also intend to look to see what wonderful things you created in July!

So, for August Christmas card making ...

Your challenge is to create a Christmas card that incorporates a photo or a gift card.

As always, it's just a prompt, please post any and all Christmas cards you make (or made already in August) to this post!

I attached a few amateur (my) pictures from the wedding

1. the groom, Steve, waiting for his bride
2. Here comes the bride!  My husband, Dave,and our daughter, Stacy.

Note : Yes it did rain, and most of the guests rode the chairlift in ponchos!  But, we saw a beautiful rainbow across the rock face.  The wedding was at the Black Mountain Lodge at 11,500 feet altitude, Arapaho Basin ski area, CO.  All guests except my mom and dad took the chair lift up!  Also, the florist totally dropped the ball and delivered the flowers hours late, AFTER the ceremony.  The chair lift operator ran and picked a bouquet of wildflowers so my daughter had something to carry down the aisle :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 02:41:31 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year 2015 - August
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 02:49:20 PM »
What a fabulous place to have a wedding!  Beautiful.  I look forward to seeing more photos.  Your daughter looks so happy and beautiful.  I think the wild flowers were a great idea. 

I'm glad to see you're back.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 04:45:02 PM »
Thanks for sharing the photos.  Your daughter looks lovely and happy and the setting is spectacular too!  You must have had such a nice time!  I bet you are secretly glad the planning is over now!

I look forward to starting some cards this month.  I have not done much at all in terms of crafting this month so far.
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 07:26:20 AM »
Aww, love the pics, Iring! TFS :)Your daughter looked beautiful! Her dress was so pretty. The groom and your DH looked handsome too! What a pretty backdrop for a wedding.

I have made one so far this month, just need to take a pic of it. I have a few more in the works too!
LeighAnn

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 07:28:20 PM »
That does look like a lovely place to have a wedding and your daughter is just beautiful, how wonderful to have a rainbow!! Glad you had a good time

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 05:21:35 PM »
My Christmas Cards for August

I finished these last night.  The images were in my stash, already stamped and colored.  I pulled them out a couple of weeks ago.  I added Sakura Glaze Pen to the holly and berries one night, cut them down and found the cardstock I wanted to use for a mat another night.  Yesterday, I visited Nora, and I finished matting them and embossed some vellum she had given me a long time ago with a falling snow pattern.  I loved the look it had, but when I attached it to white cardstock last night, I thought it looked just the same as it would have looked had I just embossed the cardstock directly!

OK.  I just checked it out.  The only differences between the embossed vellum attached to white cardstock and the embossed cardstock is that that the cardstock is whiter and smoother.  The vellum has a slight grayish cast so the white dots show up a bit more, and they're not smooth.  I think they look more like snow and less like dots.  I also took a piece of embossed vellum and put it over a light blue cardstock.  Now that made me smile.  I'll be using that for sure.

Cindi, thank you so much for the challenge.
Daria

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 08:21:06 PM »
Thanks everyone for looking at my daughter's wedding pictures.  I think I am almost recovered  :D.

April, you have a beautiful collection of Christmas cards growing! 

Hooray for you Daria!  You grabbed snippets of time and now you have some cute cards finished!  I'd love to see the embossed vellum over blue.  I bet that will be pretty too.

Still no Christmas cards for me  :-\
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 09:29:52 PM »
Daria, I like your cards a lot. I also, many times, craft piece by piece. It will be fun to see your vellum over blue cardstock sometime!
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 04:43:58 PM »
Daria, I do that a lot too! I've got a ziploc bag of images that I've colored. Some are already on card bases some aren't!

Heres 2 that I have finished

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1902

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1904

I have 2 more that I finished past week that I need to take pic of. They are made to hold gift cards.
I'm off to check the gallery out now, I'm behind!
LeighAnn

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 10:03:13 AM »
Cute cards lovepug2, and clever designs!  Thanks for posting. 
Cindi

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2015, 07:09:06 PM »
Here is my submission for this months Christmas in August. 

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1909#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2015, 08:46:21 PM »
Oh Nora!  Awesome Christmas card!  I really love this one.
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2015, 08:50:31 PM »
Well, I haven't made any Christmas cards yet this month ... but I thought I'd share Jennifer McGuire's video.  I really like what she did with a photo to make her family's Christmas card.  Hmmmm, may do something similar this year if I can choose a photo from our daughter's wedding.

Video of Jennifer McGuire's photo Christmas card
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 04:34:20 PM »
I had an idea to use my Versafine Inks and clear sparkle embossing powders.  Boy oh boy, it was fun!  I would love to get more colors of the cube Versafine inks.  I realized that Sparkle Embossing powder is my most used one because the container is far more empty than the other colors.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1916#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1917#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1918#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1919#top_display_media

~~Heidi~~