Author Topic: CHA 2015  (Read 8334 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
CHA 2015
« on: January 05, 2015, 10:06:12 PM »
Yes, CHA will soon be here...and the sneak peeks are beginning.

The first products I spied come from Tim Holtz.  Here is the line-up of when you will be able to view new products on his blog.
    1/5 – sizzix alterations
    1/6 – stampers anonymous
    1/7 – idea-ology
    1/8 – core’dinations
    1/9 – ranger
Hope you posts links to sneak peeks you see this week!

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:08:44 PM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: CHA 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 10:15:48 PM »
Some of the ranger sneak peaks are up on their blog already:

http://rangerink.com/day-1-cha-new-product-releases-ranger/

I actually was just looking at that blog, and then I was thinking we should add a CHA thread here, so thank you Jan!! 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 11:07:44 PM »
Heidi, great to see you on the look-out too! Love the new ink colors from Ranger...finally some bright colors! They will be great for summer.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 08:18:51 AM »
Hero Arts has had some sneak peaks on their blog

http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/

The thing that caught my eye is the Ombre ink pads. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 10:35:01 AM »
OH My, Tim is sharing new stamps and stencils today...and he has finally added whole sets of flowers, fashion stamps and flourish stencil.  Hope other companies move out of their traditional products designs.   Last winter I was not excited about Tim's sharply lined Christmas sentiments but when I saw them on cards they added a lot of interest....and now I see lots more sets.

Heidi, it is fun to see Hero Arts catalog peeks since they have not been participating in CHA.

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 10:47:39 AM »
I am glad you two have shared some links to see sneak-peaks!  So fun to look at! 

I like the "love you" stamp set of TH and those Hero Arts ink pads are interesting....I wonder how different they are from Kaleidacolor. 

And the Ranger inks have me confused....I thought Ranger already had inks (dye and pigment) through their Adirondack line....is the Adirondack line something else or associated with someone?  what am I missing, b/c I've tried comparing the two....   ???
~~Melissa :)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 10:59:11 AM »
Thank you for posting these "peeks".  I also wonder about the new line of dye inks from Ranger, I wonder if they are discontinuing their adrondac line of inks.  It would seem that they do the same since the new inks are supposed to be waterproof and permanent just like their adorandac line.  I don't have an ink pad in front of me so I am sure I misspelled that but hopefully you know what I mean.

I am going to go and look at Tim Holtz's new stuff now, thank you for pointing out his new stuff too.  I hope the videos of the new stuff start coming out soon too. 
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 11:11:36 AM »
Yes I wondered about the new Ranger inks too.  The packaging shape is just like the adirondack inks.  I wonder if it is a revamp of the product line or an addition. I guess we will find out!
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 11:34:03 AM »
Love the ink colors from Ranger. Very cheery!
Some of the new stickles caught my eye too. Love the sea glass and enchanted ones!

Those ombré ink pads sound interesting. I really like their ink and I haven't tried the kaliiedescope ones so I wonder how they will differ?

I'm probably the minority here but I really like the sentiment set on their blog with the large font.

Lawn Fawn has also released some sneaks. Very cute sets as usual.
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 11:45:19 AM »
The photos shows the Hero Arts Ombre ink pads as three color and horozontal on the ink pad.  The pad looks like a normal pad, not one that clicks together and apart like the Kaleidicolor. 

LeighAnn, thanks for the info on Lawn Fawn.  Their stamps are always cute.  Add them to the list of companies making their own ink............................a long list.........
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 01:55:26 PM »
http://www.scrapbookupdate.com/cha-mega-show-2015-sneak-peeks/

Tsukaneko is now Imagine crafts.  They have new colors of delicata ink and something called Amplify which looksl like puffy paint for paper?  http://imaginecraftsblog.com/2014/12/15/new-2015-products-part-ii/
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 01:58:28 PM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2015, 09:01:23 AM »
linked below:
Scrapbook Update is one of the most user friendly posting boards for the announcement of many sneak peaks. Thank you Heidi! 

Imagine Crafts-can’t wait to see their doodlestix (silicone tipped tools for shaping and adding texture and dimension to mixed media.

Hero Arts-their new Ombre pad to me looks like the 3x3 size like distress inks.  Another out of business company had a similar product some years ago…and my inks certainly bled into one another…perhaps that will become a part of a new gradient look.

LeighAnn-Hero Arts seems to have several new large font sentiments so not sure which one you are referring too but I know I recently bought a few sets from the smaller companies and have really enjoyed the look.  And I liked the examples of using monograms...I like using simple ones (like Michael's sells in $1 bin) for kiddo items.

Ranger-I believe Tim announced a year ago that Ranger will be updating the product labels to change out the Adirondack logo to new branding.  Sadie, I too will be looking for Tim’s details.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 09:59:18 AM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 09:27:08 AM »
LeighAnn, I wonder which sentiments too.  If you mean the stuff that looks like Tim Holtz's writing, yeah, I am not a fan if using it for cards.  For other more artsy things I can see a use for them.

Jan, thanks for the info! 

I saw that Hero Arts is expanding their niche, so to speak.  They seem to be showing how their stuff can be used for gift wrap and monogrammed gifts/PInterest style stuff etc. I think that is a good move for them.  They aren't abandoning cardmaking though.

~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2015, 04:51:05 PM »
The handwriting  set I like is from preview #3.
I like that they're branching other ideas out but glad they're staying true to cardmaking. They have  always been one of my very favorites. I like the succulent set too!

Jan- those doodlestix sound really interesting!

These are a few things that caught my eye. I won't be adding them to my wish list but thought they were interesting
Prima/Julie Nutting are coming out with a lime of watercolor pencils and a marker set. Pretty colors and what I would expect from them as far as that goes.

I really liked the graphic 45 artisan collection and home sweet home. Both good collections that you could do a lot with.

LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2015, 05:59:34 PM »
http://rangerink.com/day-3-cha-new-products-releases-dina-wakley-media/

On the Ranger Dina Wakley stuff shown today, I like the new Scribbly birds and Scribbly flowers stamps.  I got an image of the first Scribbly bird set in a KIAE from CIndi, I think and I love them! They are big stamps!
~~Heidi~~