Author Topic: 7 kids college fund  (Read 1553 times)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
7 kids college fund
« on: September 28, 2015, 03:17:54 PM »
has anyone ever ordered from them? I placed an order well over a month ago. One of my stamps was a preorder that said it was scheduled to ship early September, the rest were not. I got an email right away after I placed my order that it was received. A week later still nothing so I emailed them. I made several emails and calls to them and no response. The charges had went through my credit card a few days after I placed it. Almost 29 days since I placed it, I got 2 of my stamp sets  I ordered in the mail today with an invoice that said the other 3 will ship as soon as they get back in stock. Needless to say, I will not order from them ever again. Ironically, I have had pretty much no communication regarding my order but almost daily emails about sales or items coming soon.
LeighAnn

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: 7 kids college fund
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 05:55:40 PM »
Wow sorry to hear about your issue Leigh Ann.   It has been a long while since I purchased from them but never had a problem.  They are a family run business so perhaps something has happened. Mom used to be a part of the Stampendous design team if I remember correctly.  If you want to cancel the rest of the order since you don't know for sure when it will arrive you may want to find your credit card company's policy for conflict resolution (usually available online) and explain the situation according to the requirements.  I have had go this with 2 different companies who sent products that arrived with less than the quantity defined by their online description and also would not respond to me. I did not have to do anything other than the description of the problem and the credit card company credited my card shortly thereafter.

Hope you can achieve a satisfactory solution!...Jan

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 06:39:36 PM »
No I have not ordered from them.  I have had this happen with other orders.  I sometimes do not check a certain email address frequently, and they had been sending updates to that email.  They evenutally actually cancelled my order (it was a clothing company) because they just weren't getting the item in stock after two months.  BUT, they did not charge my card for anything either.

It is frustrating.  I hope it gets worked out!
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 10:44:09 AM »
I had never heard of this store but since you posted this I had to google it.  I went to the about us page and had a little giggle....This is what is says.....

"7 KIDS COLLEGE FUND sells the best cardmaking and scrapbooking supplies available. The goal of 7 KIDS is to spark and encourage creativity in our customers by bringing them the most innovative, as well as tried-and-true crafting products at the best possible price with fast shipping and excellent customer service. We hope you will find our store and products exciting and of exceptional value. Customer satisfaction is our #1 priority!"

I guess you didn't get the excellent customer service listed right here on their website.......I will admit though that it looks like they have a lot of different products.  I tried to go to the google and see if there are any reviews on this "store" and I couldn't find any.  I thought maybe other people had the same experience as you and were maybe complaining online, but I really didn't find any.   I hate it when a company says the best way to get ahold of them is with their listed email and then they never answer when you email them........

After watching some of the bigger companies and stores (like two peas) go down in flames it makes me leery to try new online stores.  I have also watched Provo Craft with their cricut products offer little to no actual support for products and loose a big share of their customer base.  If a company cannot do the most basic customer service they sure aren't going to last long.  That is something that is stressed in business classes....one bad service experience can take away a large percentage of potential customers.  People are more apt to spread a bad experience to all their friends then a good experience.

Anyway I am sorry you are dealing with this and thank you for posting since now that I know about the store and the experience you had I won't ever order there.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 02:22:55 PM »
Thanks for the input everyone! I had heard of them for a while and followed a few of their DT members blogs so I was surprised about my experience. I did get an email yesterday that they are relocating offices so maybe that's why I haven't got any response from them. Still not a valid excuse!

Sadie, lol. I did the same thing and wasn't able to find any reviews.

I did request a refund yesterday .
LeighAnn