Author Topic: 2021 fest chat  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: 2021 fest chat
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2021, 08:58:08 PM »
April, I hope your house closing went smoothly.  Ugh, doctors and dentists. 

I had two appointments yesterday and today.  One office no one was wearing a mask, the other had signs all over and everyone was wearing a mask!  The mask wearing office offered to sell you a mask for $2 cash only, or they would rebook your appointment if you did not have a mask.  I thought that was a little stiff, especially since they did not tell me in advance I would need a mask.  Luckily I came prepared!

I went to Hobby Lobby after the doctor's appt.  (I always feel like I need a treat afterwards, ha!). Actually I saw a youtube haul video saying HL had a lot of things on clearance, so I had to check it out.  Dies and stamps marked $14 - $20.00 were on clearance for $3.50 t0 $5.00.  What wasn't on clearance was on sale 40% off (stamps, most dies and inks). Yay!  I also got a few things in the planner department for really cheap.
Some of the things the youtuber showed on clearance at her HL were not clearance priced at mine. 

I have quite the mess going this week, but I'm having lots of fun with the challenges!

Heidi, I hope you get some crafting time! 
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2021, 04:35:58 AM »
My replacement glasses arrived just last week.  I bought a cheapo replacement since I will have cataract surgery in a few months and will no longer need glasses.  That will be the day!!...Jan

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2021, 09:29:13 AM »
That's great Jan.   I hope your glasses have you seeing well while you wait for surgery.  No glasses after cataract surgery sounds wonderful!
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2021, 09:48:11 AM »
I saw something on things on clearance there too but haven't gotten over there to see what is at mine.  Yeah you have to wear masks at all places here now and it has always been at doctors offices.

Jan so good to hear you were able to get some new glasses, yes it will be nice not to have to worry about them anymore once you get your operation

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2021, 03:00:04 PM »
Cindi, you scored.  I'm on a couple of Facebook groups and ladies are posting a photo of all their HL sale items they bought, and I'm jeleous.

Jan, I'm happy to hear that your glasses arrived.  Did you ever find your old ones?  I can't even imagine the panic.

I'm home on day #2 sick with a cold.  Taking lots of meds (not sure they really help), and as per work rules I had to have a COVID test since I have a scratchy and sore throat and runny nose.  I haven't had a cold in years and this one has really taken me down. 

Hopefully tomorrow I can get some more cards made.  I did take some photos of ones I have completed so I'll be able to post those.

April, I see you have your hands full this week.  Hope the sale went well.

Heidi, hope you're painting is done.
Beth

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2021, 03:36:01 PM »
I also went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and bought 3 items - a die, sizzix plates for my Big Kick and a Staz On black ink pad. There was hardly any clearance left. I hope they are getting in some fun new things.

Sorry to hear you have a bad cold, Beth. Not good for your work where you answer the phone a lot.

Going tomorrow to help hubby lay out another house for this same investor. It is a small house, so we should not be too long. Our closing went smoothly and we got the check today. We are going to sell another rental soon, hopefully to the same company. It is hard to get good renters these days. The long time renters we have are great, just the new ones we have been getting have been bad.

I have done all the challenges! It has been fun.

April :smile:

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2021, 10:24:23 PM »
Ugh, Beth, summer colds are the worst!  I hope you feel better soon.  Take it easy (and craft?).

April, congrats on finishing the challenges!  I have just one more.  Yours!  Looking forward to tackling it tomorrow. 

Heidi, I hope everything is ok at your house.  Pictures of Ida flooding and tornadoes look awful. 

I'm looking forward to the weekend!  Saturday afternoon I have a virtual class with Michelle of Everything Scrapbook and Stamps using the new Home Jungle art journal set from Elizabeth Crafts.  My sister will be in town so hopefully we will get together for some card making at my mom's.  I have two different Christmas card designs in various stages to work on.  Do you have any crafting plans?  Picnic plans?
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2021, 08:01:29 AM »
I haven’t made a single card yet.  The hurricane storm was really pretty stressful. We are going to need to change a few things with the house and yard because we know with climate change the storms will continue getting worse. Our house is fine in the end. However there was so much flooding that most schools were closed yesterday as many bridges were closed all day as the rivers crested after the storm.  And there was devastating damage to several areas due to flooding and a couple areas due to tornadoes (tornadoes used to be very rare here).  One area hard hit was poor to begin with which is hard.

The weather is lovely now though which must be helpful for those cleaning up.

Beth, I had a cold in June and it was rough!  I feel for you. Get well soon!

April, I hope you have an easy time selling the house.

Cindi have a great class!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2021, 10:22:23 AM »
I have all the challenges done and good thing too!  I just found out my daughter and family will be coming to visit,this weekend.
So it it time to put away crafts and clean!!!
I so want to do a couple of those challenge ideas over again.  And do more Halloween, now that I know what to want do.  I am adding the word boo on white so there will be three white places on all that black.
We had two more days of rain this week, I am having a hard time keeping the weeds down.  They pull out great in the wet dirt, but being old doesn’t allow me to do it very long.  When I walk around the neighborhood, my yard looks great comparatively.  Well back to work.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2021, 03:57:13 PM »
Beth sorry to hear about the cold, do you think there will be a time when you can get the cold and not wonder if it might be covid.

April, glad everything went well with the closing.  That would be hard to rent, there are some people that really care and then others that don't.

Cindi, I bet you will enjoy the class and hope you and your sister have a good time.

Heidi, so sorry that the storm was so upsetting, I heard also that the storms will be getting harder with the climate change.  Watching it all on the news has been amazing to see how much havoc it has made over the country.

Yankee, glad you were able to get all the cards done before family comes, I still have to get to some but hopefully will get some time this weekend as we have ran coming in so we can't be outdoors :)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2021, 09:26:13 PM »
Heidi, I'm glad your house is fine, but yes, it's still a lot of stress!  Such widespread damage, and the weather channel stops reporting long before the clean up is done.  People who haven't experienced it forget that it's a long time before life returns to "normal".  I bet Covid on top of it didn't help either.   My DH was in NYC last night and he said the weather was really nice there too!  I think the hurricane sucks the moisture out of the air and it leaves dryer air behind, which can be nice!

Yankee, it's a good thing you got a chance to play this week!  I had company Wednesday night in to Thursday, so I picked up and now the craft supplies are coming out again!  I have one heck of a mess in my craft area!

Connie, bummer that you are expecting a rainy weekend.  I hope you can at least craft then!

DH is back tonight.  We went to a vegan restaurant and sat outside.  (I like it better than he does, but he let me pick!).   We took the dog and then walked the river walk afterward.  It was a nice night.
Cindi

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2021, 08:56:18 AM »
Thanks for all of the challenges.  They were fun to do, and I got to use unopened products.   :laughhard:
Beth

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2021, 09:48:58 AM »
Yes it was another fun week of challenges

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2021, 09:51:21 AM »
I enjoyed the fest too! Like Beth, I was able to use some products.

April :smile:

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2021, 05:03:53 PM »
Beth,I never found my glasses...How does that happen after wearing prescription glasses daily for nearly 60 years...and never breaking or loosing any?