Author Topic: INK21-Joy ****winner announced****  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
INK21-Joy ****winner announced****
« on: August 27, 2021, 10:01:00 PM »
Hi there and welcome to Inkfest21.  I hope you will join my challenge.   #>

Your challenge is to create a Joy Fold card in a mini slimline size, with a coordinating envelope.  Although the below step-by-step photo tutorial by Beccy's Place is not in the size of a mini slimline, I have added it to help make you understand how the Joy Fold works.   I have written the sizes of paper that you need to cut for a mini slimline style.  If you do not have a coordinating slimline envelope please use a regular slimline envelope/business size envelope.

https://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2011/09/technique-class-joyfold-card.html

Base:  3 1/2" x 9", scored at 2 3/4" (I used white cardstock)

Insert:  2 3/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2" (I used white cardstock)

Inside layering panel:  3 1/4" x 6" (mat)
Left small panel:  2 1/2" x 3 1/4"
Insert layering panel:  2 1/2 x 5 1/4" (mat)
Focal Panel 2 1/4" x 5" (white so stamping will show up)

Decorate your card and envelope and post your card into the gallery under Inktoberfest 2021 with the heading of INK21 Joy. Don't forget to link your card to this post.  We would all like to see your cool cards. 

My card:  http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5515#top_display_media

At the end of the Fest, one random winner will receive an RAK from me.  Happy stamping, and have fun!

« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 06:07:21 AM by Canadian, eh »
Beth

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: INK21-Joy
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 08:18:32 AM »
I’m not as crazy about the large slimline size, but I have really been liking the Mini slimline. Thanks for this wonderful challenge. Your sample is the cutest!

Thank you for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 09:11:44 AM »
Your example is so cute, neat design too :)

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2021, 10:50:38 AM »
Holly, I've never been a big fan of the large slimline and when a girlfriend pointed out that Taylored Expressions had a mini slimline, I knew I had to get it.  I enjoy working with a smaller work space.
Beth

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2021, 04:40:39 PM »
That is such a cute card!  I don't know if I've ever made a Joy fold card.  I like it!  My papers are cut and glued ... now to choose the stamps.  T
Thanks for the challenge!
Cindi

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2021, 05:39:23 PM »
Yikes, I said Holly instead of Heidi.  So sorry Heidi.  There's a Holly on the TJ team and I try to be careful not to mix the two of you up. 

Cindi, I'm so happy you are joining in on the challenge.  I'm working on your masking challenge, and I'm quite loving it, but boy it is a workout.
Beth

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2021, 06:55:37 PM »
I had my stamping friends over today, now I am reay to get started here tomorrow! Beth, this is such a cute card.

April :smile:

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2021, 03:44:21 PM »
Phew, I finished!  I think I might actually make more because I really liked it once it was done. 

As I said in my gallery post, this was a great way to use patterned paper.  A great format for longer stamped images too.  I have another one I might try.  Thank you so much for figuring out the cut sizes for a mini slimline.  This is my first mini slimline and I really like it!

Let Heaven and Nature Sing

Thanks Beth!

I'd like to ask ... when making your own envelopes, what paper do you use?  I was afraid my copy paper was too thin and I was afraid card stock would make this too heavy, especially with all of the layers.  I used patterned paper with the pattern on the inside of the envelope.

Yankee, you said you made your envelope too.  How did you make yours? 

I tried measurements for an A6 on the back of my Martha Stewart score board but it was too high, though perfect width wise.
Cindi

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2021, 05:38:35 PM »
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/albums/userpics/11227/7DFCC197-E31F-4A5E-9200-93F7A304CC69.jpeg

I started posting this card and got company.  So I am starting over here.
I cut the papers like you said, Beth.  But I couldn’t figure it out, so I went to U tube and found several on putting the card together.  Which was my problem, so then I could finish my card.
I used stamps from Sizzix and Tim Holtz.  Colored images with distress markers, cause the paper had an aged look.
I made the envelope.  Same way I always do, just wrap the paper around different ways till it makes sense to me, trim, glue with white glue.  I used copy paper and I lined it with more copy paper for strength.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 05:40:15 PM by Yankee »
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2021, 08:37:39 PM »
Thanks for sharing Yankee.  I know there are videos out there somewhere for making an envelope for any size card, by wrapping and folding.  I have a cut file now that fits, a little snug, but it just fits on an 8.5 x 11 paper.  The flap is on the short end.  Your birthday card turned out cute nice.

Cindi

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2021, 05:10:05 AM »
Very nice cards Cindi and Yankee.  Thanks for playing along.

FYI, Taylored Expressions carries mini slimline dies, stencils, cards and envelopes.  I bought 20 envelopes from them and the quality is good.  Slimlines are too big for me, so I bought alot of mini slimline products.

Beth

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2021, 05:29:35 AM »
April your card is terrific.  As I said in the gallery, you've mastered the Storybook technique beautifully.

The vertical direction is something I wouldn't have thought to do.  You're envelope is perfect too.  Loving the papers you selected. 

Thanks for playing in my challenge.
Beth

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2021, 09:35:52 AM »
I too like the mini slimlines more than the regular bigger size, although I have been able to use a few big items I had on a regular slim line that was nice.

I don't think I had ever done this fold, it is nice for little scenes.  I didn't put much effort into my envelope just stamped the little raccoon from the stamp set and didn't color him. I really need more practice with coloring animals, haven't liked how mine have come out lately.  The raccoon is a separate stamp from the little scene, I just cut him out and added to it.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5556#top_display_media

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2021, 07:29:48 PM »
If I don’t complete this on time I will still do it late. I really like your challenge, my week just didn’t work out as planned. 
~~Heidi~~