Announcements and Rules > Forum Tips and Tricks

How do we make a hyperlink?

(1/2) > >>

Far North:
I would like to highlight a part of a sentence and make it so once it is clicked the page goes to the link.  I have tried the globe icon 2nd row 3rd from right but that only asks for the address...at least that is what I think I am seeing.  TIA!...Jan

CarefreeSadie:
That is all you could see before yesterday.  I installed a mod last night that makes it so you can highlight a word or part of a sentence before you click the globe (insert url) and the word or words you highlighted will become your link and the actual url will not show.... 8)

Far North:
SWEET :smitten: Not only do we have a fabulous program for this site but also MS Wonderful Administrator Sadie who keeps things at their best for us!  Thanks Sadie!

Looser:
I'm going to add my way of doing the link & 'dast' anyone to laugh at it. Well. Y'all can laugh if you want to--I'll even guffaw witcha.

Here's my way of linking a gallery piece to a post... (take note Lickey/UtahAnn) :smile:

Once I have my piece in our gallery, it has a url I can read.

When I want to link it to a post, I click on the hyperlink icon & type in the address. (No I don't do copy & paste! I'm old & a curmudgeon so don't try to teach me how to suck eggs!)

When I have the url done I click on 'ok'. That puts the link in my post, but does it twice. So I backspace from the end of the visible url 'til I reach the end of the first one. Then I just put in the name/word I want. When I did this on 2Ps, the OK click would give me a chance to do the 'name'. This program doesn't seem to, but it's a minor issue for me. Just a few more keystrokes.

djc:
Cool, Sadie.  I'm going to have to try that out. 

My Latest Cards

Perfect!

Thank you.
Daria

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version