Author Topic: Glue Gun Glue (aka Melt Adhesive)--embellishments & more  (Read 5587 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: Glue Gun Glue (aka Melt Adhesive)--embellishments & more
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 04:04:48 PM »
Way-To-Go, Willy! (more fun to write than WTG, April.  ::)

Question that might help others... How did you stick the glue piece to your card?

Didn't know Sharpies came in those colors, but since it's solvent-based, the StazOn inks should also work to color hot glue. Makes me wonder how Alcohol Inks react with melt adhesive. Sounds like a job for our pal Jan (once she gets a glue gun), but any Inkster can share, too.

Glad so many are enjoying this thread--including its author--always fun to learn anything, eh?! O0
Daniel

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 04:28:16 PM »
I put a few small glue dots on the back where there were blobs of glue, I then used my Easy Flow glue that comes out of a bottle with a very narrow stream of glue. I turned the card upside down and put an acrylic block on it to press it a little. It stuck fine.

I just experimented with Staz On ink pouncing on the glue piece using a finger dauber. It worked great AND much easier and faster than coloring with a sharpie. I also pounced on alcohol ink and it did very well too. Both inks do not come off either. Glad to know this!

Stampwilly

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2015, 05:20:32 PM »
Another 'WTG' Willy. TY for the answers & the new shares! Who knows, Far North may add hot glue to her wonderful AI challenges!
Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 09:31:35 PM »
The advantge of having one is that you can draw or stamp a design on paper (like the angel's outline). Then you place that under the pad & use the glue to 'draw' the pattern & lift it off the pad once it cools.

I did that this weekend to make some butterflies.  I used a die cut butterfly and a stamped butterfly. 

I also created some drizzle pieces this weekend.  But I haven't done anything with them yet.

Another good use for the glue gun pad is to clean off the nozzle of your glue gun when you get it gunked up.  The one I have is thick enough that I can use it to wipe off the tip while the gun is still hot.

Daniel - you can get a 24 pack of Sharpies in different colors.  Bic actually comes in a 36 color pack, which I have because it was cheaper and had more colors.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 09:38:34 PM by Craft Nerd »
Sarah

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2015, 09:59:50 AM »
Oh my --- am loving this thread and this is a technique that I will be playing with.  What fun.  I struggle with free flowing techniques, but I think this will be fun to do with my grandson. 

Thanks so much for the thread and the responses.  Now to keep from getting burned.