Author Topic: Well, here is an "old" "new" idea........  (Read 5576 times)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
Well, here is an "old" "new" idea........
« on: August 30, 2016, 02:48:03 PM »
I receive a newsletter from Fire Mountain Gems because I order jewels there and in this weeks newsletter there was an artist highlight that is totally not my cup of tea but I just had to share it here.  Link to article here.

I might mention that the part of the article that I find interesting is the materials she uses to make jewelry......Look under the question; What medium do you work with mostly?  I remember my grandmother had pictures using real human hair behind glass in frames on her wall that came from some relative in Norway, and I kind of found that creepy.  I do not think that I could wear jewelry that someone made from human hair.  I most certainly wouldn't make jewelry out of my own hair even though I could probably clean enough out of my brush after I wash my hair and brush it out for a necklace.  The picture that she submitted is made from her own hair and she says most of her inventory is made from hair extensions.  Now this is what I call mixed media jewelry.........
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Well, here is an "old" "new" idea........
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 11:50:53 AM »
Oh my! I am not sure I have much to comment on that (but it isn't going to stop me  #> ). Is the rosary pictured made with hair?  If it is, I wouldn't know it.
~~Heidi~~

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
Re: Well, here is an "old" "new" idea........
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 10:07:37 PM »
Creepy!!   #>