Stamping/Crafting Fests! > WInterfest 2019

WF19 Gift Card Holder challenge *** WINNER ANNOUNCED ***

(1/4) > >>

Iring:
Life has been busy around here but we've had a lot of help.  We need to thank some people! 

Your challenge is to give this gift card holder a try.  It is really simple.  You can make it for any occasion you need, Christmas, birthday, thank you, etc.  You can use any type of closure you want or none at all.  Wendy didn't add a closure.  I added a die cut image to tuck the cover behind.  You could use an embellishment or small piece of velcro, a snap, photo turns ... whatever you like.   

I found this quick and easy gift card holder on Wendy Vecchi's Instagram.  She did a short video, but in case you can't view it, I will try to step it out for you with a few photos.

1.  Orient an A2 side fold card so it is in landscape position and cut it in half.  You will have two top fold cards that are 2 3/4 x 4 1/4.

2.  Trim 3/4 inch off the front of the card.

3.  Fold the back of the card up 1/2 inch toward the inside to form a pocket for a gift card.  I used skinny score tape to secure the sides of the pocket.

4.  Decorate your gift card as you wish!  Use at least one non-sentiment stamp.  That means it can be an image or background stamp.  I used both.

Upload a picture to the Winterfest 2019 album in the gallery and post a link here.  Use keyword WF19Gift .
I think it might be nice to have a few of these on hand.  I hope you do too! 

I had fun making my sample.  I made two of these and hope to make more this week.
I used an old, old Rusty Pickle clear dog stamp.  I don't think I've inked it before.   Now I can't wait to ink it again!  I also wanted to use a background stamp and I think I found a good fit.  Initially I stamped the dog image in black on white card stock and was trying to figure out how to color it like some of the bright multi-color dog paintings I've seen.  Then I remembered the backgrounds I made last week.  Bingo!  Much easier for me than trying to achieve the artsy look with coloring.

howdyheidi:
Absolutely adorable and not difficult looking!  Definitely a good idea to have a little stash of these to give a gift card. Thank you for hosting!

Iring:
I finished putting together my 2nd gift card holder late last night.  I really like the part of my background that happened to show through on this one. 

ETA : and a 3rd one in Wilted Violet

Conniecrafter:
Perfect timing as I am giving away a gift card soon!!

Yankee:
Made a thanks gift card holder.  Hardest part was figuring out how to close.
Wasn’t there a matchbook card similar to this?

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/albums/userpics/11227/07FFD165-5870-4E43-A45B-C7F409596867.jpeg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version