Stamping > Products and Tools

Alcohol Pearls-What do ya' think?

(1/3) > >>

Far North:
At first I thought I could use alcohol mixatives instead of buying more alcohol inks...but I soon learned they are not the same... mixatives have a opaque base. 

The Alcohol Pearls are mostly strong bright colors (sets 1-3). If they are blown with a straw sometimes this creates a wet edge of ink were the mica settles.....an interesting effect.  They must be used on a non-porous substrate such as yupo but not glossy cardstock. Storing them on their sides certainly make them faster to shake.

It is definitely taking me a while to connect with the names of the colors. 

Would love to know what others are learning alcohol pearls.

Conniecrafter:
I have 3 jars of it and still haven't used them, i am really need to get them out and give them a try.  I love those backgrounds that I have seen where they add some foil over the backgrounds when they are almost dry and just the wet parts pick up the foil, wow that is stunning, I don't have any foil, well that I can find but I was wondering if my mega flakes would work.

howdyheidi:
I don’t have any yet. I kept thinking they would show up in a local craft store, but I haven’t seen them yet. I was thinking of getting just one set in colors I don’t already have. 

Far North:
Heidi, Ranger sure is not keeping up with orders.  It takes a lot of looking and then purchasing promptly. I am having the same issue with Wendy Veechi's new Blendable Dye inks.

Conniecrafter:
Heidi, I am thinking I found mine at Hobby Lobby but not positive

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version