Announcements and Rules > Forum Tips and Tricks

Instructions for Posting Pictures in the Gallery

<< < (2/4) > >>

CarefreeSadie:
vroni when using an iPad you need to choose upload one photo at a time because the upload several at a time function uses flash and iPads don't have flash. Don't let the pink warning scare you just change the upload option to single file.  After that you can put in the name, description, and keywords. You can either choose a picture already on your iPad or you can take a picture when uploading.

I hope this helps, I just tried it and it worked for me!

djc:
I haven't tried it yet, but I took a peek. 

I have a couple of suggestions and a question.

Most importantly, could we eliminate the 1-5 star rating? 

Also, instead of having all that space for info about the size of the post, pixels, etc., maybe we could use that space for information.  I always liked the way Splitcoaststampers has headings:  Keywords (for those tags you mentioned in another post), Stamps, Paper, Ink, Accessories, and Techniques.   Having that format might encourage people to supply that information and streamline the process.  If they don't want to use it, they could just leave it blank. 

The question:  Since I tend to write a lot to describe my posts, especially if it's a technique, I'm wondering if there are restrictions on space.

Love the Spell Check!

Thank you .
Daria 

Far North:
I know I must be overlooking this detail but I can not find how to add comments in the gallery.  Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!...Jan

CarefreeSadie:
It's right at the end of the file information, there is an input box for comments. 

CarefreeSadie:

--- Quote from: djc on June 29, 2014, 09:35:32 PM ---I haven't tried it yet, but I took a peek. 

I have a couple of suggestions and a question.

Most importantly, could we eliminate the 1-5 star rating? 

Also, instead of having all that space for info about the size of the post, pixels, etc., maybe we could use that space for information.  I always liked the way Splitcoaststampers has headings:  Keywords (for those tags you mentioned in another post), Stamps, Paper, Ink, Accessories, and Techniques.   Having that format might encourage people to supply that information and streamline the process.  If they don't want to use it, they could just leave it blank. 

The question:  Since I tend to write a lot to describe my posts, especially if it's a technique, I'm wondering if there are restrictions on space.

Love the Spell Check!

Thank you .
Daria 

--- End quote ---

The star rating is hard wired into the software, to change it I will have to rewrite a .php file and I will need to find the time to do that.  I don't particularly like the star rating thing either.

I also don't like that you can't tie two pictures together like the stamps you used and the card.  And I can't find any modifications or addons to do that. 

Other fields can be added, I think 3 or 4 to what you can fill out when you upload but I am not sure that they are tied into the tags.  That needs to be added into the tag part.

These are all good suggestions and I have thought about all of them.  The problem is that I haven't done much with coppermine so I am not familiar with the code and how the structure is set up and what needs to be modified as far as templates, .php files and whatnot.  Coppermine is the highest rated gallery open source software, which means the code is open and it is free to use.  The galleries on Peas, scrapbook.com, a cherry on top have all been purchased and they probably pay a fee for someone to keep them updated.  We may be better off just using the picture function on this forum and using the gallery to just keep projects in one place....I don't know, I am still trying to figure that one out.

Yes there is a restriction on what you can put in description, if you should happen to run out of room let me know and I will expand it.  It is in spaces and I have no idea how much it actually is as far as words.  That is an easy change.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version