Stamping > Share Your Stamping Accomplishments in Your Creative Journey

Celebrating 2014>>>2015

(1/3) > >>

Far North:
In blogland I am seeing New Year’s cards popping up and posts about resolutions, goals and words for the year.   I believe this time of year is terrific for looking back over the past year's creative work and recognize the learnings and celebrate the accomplishments. In the next few days I am going to try to do just that.

I hope to post here a brief list of what I learned...and perhaps some photos of a few favorites.  Perhaps some find it intimidating to post here but I hope it will be easier if others join in.  No matter how long you have been stamping/papercrafting I bet you will find some great nuggets of learning in 2014.

If you have a different plan that’s fine too …just please share your thoughts here too.
…Jan

howdyheidi:
How fun!  I think in the last year, and maybe especially the last couple months, I have come a long way in coloring stamped images. This was something that was not even fun for me before, and now I am having fun learning.  I definitely like the water based coloring best.

It would be nice to read what other accomplishments we have had with our Artsy Inkers crew!

Yankee:
I sure did.  I finally learned how to blend colored pencils.  I finally learned how to work with guesso, now I love it.
I learned how to take stencile paste up a notch with coloring and embossing.  It was a great learning year for me.

howdyheidi:
Yankee that is great about learning about the gesso and embossing paste.  Those are things I still need to work on!

Far North:
Thanks for sharing!  How exciting Heidi that you are now enjoying coloring images!  Since coloring has never been a strong suit of mine I wonder if you did anything specific to feel more comfortable.

Indeedy Yankee, it sounds like it was a wonderful year for you to learn/advance several creative skills! Sounds like you will be incorporating colored pencils, gesso and texture embossing with stencil into other pieces!

Can’t wait to see what others learned in 2014!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version