Stamping/Crafting Fests! > Inktoberfest 2015-October 17-25th, 2015

INK15 Marbles Roll!

(1/7) > >>

Far North:
Marbles Roll-a background technique :smitten:

Hi There...so happy you stopped in to check out my challenge!

I enjoyed the warm-up activity with several players and wanted to carry the fun of heat embossing into this challenge.  After all I am sure I could heat emboss daily for the next year and still have plenty EP left over…LOL!  I recall having so much fun with StampWilly when she shared the rolling marble technique with inks.  This challenge goes one step further to emboss the lines the marbles make to create a sparkling artsy background. 

Supplies: A2 size cardstock with smooth surface, embossing powder, embossing buddy, clear embossing re-inker (or as a substitute try matte gel or white glue which will dry clear), about 4 marbles, embossing powder, a stamping up clear stamp box or a small size frozen food tray  (a little larger than the A2 cardstock)  or something similar (I have used a recycled plastic jar.) and heat gun.

Steps for this technique:   Wipe embossing buddy across front of A2 panel.  Add a small piece of removable tape to the center of cardstock and adhere to the center of container.
Add marbles to outer edge of container. Add a line of reinker on the tray. Close lid if container has one.
Tilt, shake and roll marbles through reinker and over paper.  It is fun to try to move in ways that create lines that are not necessarily continuous or straight.  If you have done the technique previously without the embossing be sure to roll a lot fewer times so you can emboss each color separately and still have sufficient white space.

When finished remove panel add 1 color of embossing powder and heat embossing powder in traditional manner. For multiple colors return paper to tray and repeat process.

Other Notes-I tried using matt gel instead of embossing re-inker and found the results to be similar.

Other ideas:  For more complex designs-areas of the cardstock can be masked. Or areas of embossed background papers can be die cut. 

To participate in my random drawing please post your card in the gallery with title--INK14 Marbles Roll! supply list and noting special features of your card.  Please come back and share your link to the gallery, what you learned and tips for others.  Also if you have a question please post it on this thread…I’m sure someone can help. Challenge closes Sunday Oct 25, at midnight your time.

This challenge may be combined with others.

Can't wait to see how your marbles roll!...Jan

Craft Nerd:
I remember doing this challenge ages ago.  I think I may still have some background that I made but never got around to using somewhere in my stash. And I still have the container and marble up in my closet because I planned on doing it again eventually.  It was so much fun.  I can't wait to give it a try with embossing powders. 

howdyheidi:
This sounds neat!  We actually have our Chinese checkers game out, so I have easy access to marbles! 

Thanks for hositng, this sounds fun!

lovepug2:
Ooh, I've seen this technique before! I only have one reinker. That's crazy I know! Can you do this technique with alcohol inks or sprays?

Far North:
Sorry LeighAnn no alcohol ink or spray probably won't work...it needs to be sticky for the EP to adhere.  Did you see in the  supplies I suggested substituting white glue or matt gel that dies clear?  Hope you have some white glue in your house!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version