Stamping/Crafting Fests! > Inktoberfest 2015-October 17-25th, 2015

INK15 Ink smoosh stamping Winner announced!

(1/7) > >>

lovepug2:
I have no idea if this is already a technique or not but it's so fun to do and you will never get the same result twice:) if you have kids or grandkids that like to help, this is a fun technique for them to do to. My 4 year old had a ball making ink puddles.

Supplies you will need -
A craft mat. Or you can use wax or freezer paper like I did.
At least 2 colors or distress ink. For my experiments I used 3-4 different colors.
A mini mister or a water spritzer. Either one will  work well.
Heavy weight cardstock or watercolor paper. I experimented with both. I preferred the heavy weight cardstock since it's more cost efficient.
Stamps. I found that red rubber worked the best.
Paper towels or an old towel to clean up your mess!
And optional- perfect pearls. I added a small scoop to my water and it really adds a pretty and subtle shimmer to your final result.

To get started, apply distress inks  directly on to your mat or work surface. With the mister about 8 inches above, lightly spritz the ink. I did about 3-4 pumps.
Next take your stamp and stamp it in the ink puddles. I moved my stamp around to get different colors so I would have a variation of color.
Place the stamp on your paper, carefully lift up(if you do it quickly you may end up with some ink splatters) and set your image aside to dry. I wouldn't recommend drying with a heat tool only because it may cause a lot of bleeding of the ink.

Once it's dry, turn your sample into something and share here!

This can be sort of a trial and error, so don't get discouraged If you don't like what you see at first. it's a lot of fun to play around with. I think I tried about 7 different stamps and found some work better than others. I did find that rubber worked best but feel free to try clear if you'd like.

I will have a RAK for the challenge. Just turn one of your images into a project. If you share your trials and errors you will be entered in the RAK twice:) you may combine with others if you want too.
Use keyword INK15 smoosh stamp
Here some examples-

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=2037

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=2038
I hope you will play along!

Far North:
LeighAnn you have twisted water and color in lots of different directions this season I think you are really a kid who likes to play in water...LOL..I like water too!  No guarantees with water--but always fun!
Thanks for hosting!...Jan

lovepug2:
Thanks, Jan! I don't enjoy cleaning up the mess but it's worth it to be having fun with distress inks:)

Craft Nerd:
Hey, LeighAnn - if you use paper towel to clean your mess, you can end up with some really cool looking paper towels.  Then you just glue the paper towel to cardstock for a cool background.  That may make cleaning up a little more palatable.

Cool challenge and I always have fun making a mess.

Oh, and what keyword do you want us to use?

howdyheidi:
Super technique!  I have done somewhat similar things before, but I do love the look you got.  And that is a good idea to use the plastic coated freezer paper as the palette.  I will definitely be giving this a try!

Thanks so much for hosting!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version