Author Topic: WF16 - Material Girl Challenge (((((Winner Announced!!)))))  (Read 10104 times)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
Re: WF16 - Material Girl Challenge
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2016, 09:33:41 AM »
I finally got my material girl challenge entry done.  Here it is.  I don't like working with material on cards....I didn't really know this until I tried this challenge.

Thank you for looking.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2016, 10:07:03 AM »
Sadie you are so funny. I am sorry you did not like this, but at least you know!  Lol.  Your card did turn out VERY pretty and I liked how you really went all out with the material.  Thanks for doing my challenge!
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2016, 01:15:12 PM »
Lol, Sadie I had given almost all of my fabric away to my mom and MIL, sewing isn't for me so I didn't think I would need it! Now I'm wishing I would have held on to some. I only had some felt and white fabric I use for embroidery. I tried making some fabric flowers from the white cotton I had but I could never get them to lay flat enough. So I took an easy out and made some pockets for my cards with dies.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=2427
This one is a gift card holder

And this one is for a little girls birthday, it's Rainbow and care bear themed so I thought it would work. The felt piece has a pin backing attached so she could wear it if she wants in her party day-
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=2428

I was pretty surprised at how well the felt cut with the dies. I did have to run it few about 4 times. This was a fun one to do and something I haven't ever done before, thank you Heidi for hosting :-)
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2016, 06:02:41 PM »
Hey LeighAnn, you created two great cards!  I have cut felt in my Cuttlebug before and I think I passed it through a couple times. I remember that I turned my plates over and cut again, and that helped. 

Thanks so much for playing, I really appreciate it!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2016, 10:09:23 PM »
I have had the thoughts of stamping, inking, etc to make some book covers for far too long. So this challenge gave me inspiration to kick it in gear and just do it!  So I did and created  a cover on muslin, matted with felt and made a homemade fabric bead.  It all was too much fun with a surprise new experience around every corner.  Thank you Heidi for all the fun!

My art journal:  http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2433#top_display_media

My cover:   http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2432#top_display_media

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2016, 09:41:20 AM »
Really neat project Jan!  I love your cover and the design and shiny products you used to give it flair.  It would be fun to see how you used your journal in the future.  Thanks so much for doing my challenge. :)
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2016, 02:14:03 PM »
I thought this was another fun one to host.  I really like the variety of projects created for this one!  I also chuckled that some of you figured out that fabric was just not your thing!

However, kindof funny, since several of you used felt, I noticed that Taylored expressions is now carrying felt for die cutting.  I think that is too funny!

Anyhow........

I did tally this all up too,

And I do have a little RAK for a winner!

I used the Random.org again.

Who could it be??????

But the infamous?????????

???????????????

Looser!

Daniel, I am pretty sure I have your address, but if not I will PM you. 

Thank you all for the fun this Winterfest!
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: WF16 - Material Girl Challenge (((((Winner Announced!!)))))
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2016, 02:19:53 PM »
Congrats, Daniel!

April

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2016, 07:18:40 PM »
Congrats Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2016, 08:41:26 PM »
Congrats, Daniel.
Sarah

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2016, 12:15:51 PM »
Infamous, Heidi?  :D 'Sok by me. I have enjoyed being called lots of adjectives--macabre & whimisical are to 2 of my fave

Thanks for a fun challenge & looking forward to the RAK :smitten:
Daniel

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2016, 03:54:54 PM »
Congrats Daniel!!

And thanks again, Heidi! I really enjoyed working with the felt. I find fabric isn't so intimidating on a smaller scale, its the sewing machine that I don't care for!
LeighAnn

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2016, 01:08:57 PM »
I got a super neat RAK from Heidi in today's mail! PM'd her a big TY & plan to use the goodies 'fer sure' ;D
Daniel