Author Topic: WF16 - Impress Me Challenge (Winner Announced!)  (Read 9877 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: WF16 - Impress Me Challenge
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2016, 09:02:47 PM »
Jan, I love your finished piece, the repeated design is just really neat! 

Thank you also for sharing the flowers with the translucent paste. I think those look really pretty and the stamping turned out very well!  I appreciate your taking the time to try my challenge.

You asked about the thickness and feel of my texture pieces.  The Inka gold was pretty thick with big indents.  The Liquidex flexible modeling paste was far thinner, but I would say a bit more than heat embossing. 

I did also notice that not many at SCS had tried this, but Dina's blog had one (I follow her blog when I can).  I wonder if it is against their TOS to cross-post and name-drop.  I am sure many people would prefer a site like this. :)
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2016, 09:57:39 AM »
I finally got an impression that worked well! The picture is a bit wonky because it was dark when I took it.

I only have liquitex modeling paste and I used a pallete knife to spread it.I would really like to try some translucent paste and the whipped sparkle to see how that compares. I did see recently that Bo bunny came out with a glitter paste. That would be fun to work with. I wonder if different inks dry differently? I used some memento inks with a couple of my trials and the color didn't show as well in some pics. I want to try this one some more, I have a stamp in mind I want to play with.
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=2438&message_id=559d7029b7739841ca118cbe84025a63&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock

Thanks for hosting, Heidi! I definitely will be using this technique again!
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2016, 10:17:00 AM »
Wow, LeighAnn, your result is really fantastic!  Maybe having a palette knife really makes a difference in how thin you can get it?

I think the glitter pastes and the metallic pastes look fun too. I have added loose glitter to a paste in the past, so maybe you could give that a try too.  At least the glitter wouldn't get everywhere then.

Thanks so much for playing!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2016, 10:10:50 PM »
Thanks for the challenge Heidi!

I started this way back at the beginning of the week but just now finally finished it in to a card.
I had a background made after the pre-fest Quick and Easy challenge.  I applied translucent embossing paste directly to my background and pressed a stamp in to it that was inked with Delicata Golden Glitz ink.  Then I let it sit till I got brave enough to stamp some more on it!

Here is my card.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2016, 10:13:56 PM »
Cindi, that is so cool!  I am glad you had a chance to finish it up before the week was through!  Thank you!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2016, 02:07:14 PM »
I was so thrilled with the response to this challenge.  Thank you all for making it fun to host!

I tallied up the entries and used Random.org to pick a number.

Guess who won?

??????

??????????.

Iring!   

Cindi, please PM me your address. I know I should have it, but I somehow lost track of most of the addresses of AI folks. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: WF16 - Impress Me Challenge (Winner Announced!)
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2016, 02:20:36 PM »
Congrats, Cindi!

April

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2016, 03:44:57 PM »
Yeah, Cindi!  Way to go!

Daria

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2016, 07:14:15 PM »
congrats Cindi

Fun challenge

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2016, 08:42:37 PM »
Congrats, Cindi.
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2016, 10:16:51 PM »
WooHoo!  Thanks Heidi!  Good challenge and the kick I needed to try out my paste.  I was out most of the day and just got online to check the Fest.  :smitten:

Cindi

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2016, 03:58:31 PM »
Congrats, Cindi!

And thanks for hosting, Heidi! Its always fun to try something different and this is one I plan to work with some more!
LeighAnn