Author Topic: INF14 Getting to Know You Chatty Game!  (Read 4441 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
INF14 Getting to Know You Chatty Game!
« on: September 17, 2014, 10:47:09 AM »
FYI: For help with how to use forum and gallery, please visit the Forum Tips and Tricks board.

Post your answers!

1)  Your ScreenName/ Your FirstName
2)  General Location - Only be as specific as you are comfortable with
3)  Favorite color overall / Favorite color to stamp with
4)  Favorite stamping technique
5)  What was your most recent stamping purchase?
6)  What is your favorite place to buy stamps or stamping supplies?.
7)  Who do you stamp with?
8)  What Inktoberfest challenge are you going to start with?
9)  What is your favorite adhesive to use in your stamping projects?
10) Finish this sentence.  "Never have I ______________?
11) What is one craft item you should really throw away, but probably never will?
12) RIGHT NOW, is your stamping area cleaner than usual, messier than usual, or usual.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 08:47:31 PM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline Christinmay

• Stampers
Re: INF14 Getting to Know You Chatty Game!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 07:26:40 AM »
Hi everyone! I thought I'd jump straight in with this, as it's an easy one!

1)  Your ScreenName/ Your FirstName Christinmay/Christin
2)  General Location - Only be as specific as you are comfortable with near Sydney, Australia
3)  Favorite color overall / Favorite color to stamp with teal/ black
4)  Favorite stamping technique hmmm, maybe masking or fussy cutting?
5)  What was your most recent stamping purchase? a brayer, in May
6)  What is your favorite place to buy stamps or stamping supplies? my local papercraft festival, held twice a year
7)  Who do you stamp with?usually just me :(
8)  What Inktoberfest challenge are you going to start with? i haven't even checked them out yet!
9)  What is your favorite adhesive to use in your stamping projects?double-sided tape
10) Finish this sentence.  "Never have I ______________? been so offended in all my life (??) ;D
11) What is one craft item you should really throw away, but probably never will? if it should be thrown away, it WILL be thrown away (I'm into decluttering at the moment!)   ;)
12) RIGHT NOW, is your stamping area cleaner than usual, messier than usual, or usual.  ;D usual, because I haven't done any stamping for quite a while! :-\
[/quote]

Now I'd better go and check out the rest of Inktoberfest! Thanks for your hard work in putting it together everyone!

ETA: Sorry about the ink Colour - I didn't realise it would be so pale.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 07:28:51 AM by Christinmay »
Christin

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 08:59:07 AM »
Thanks for getting us started, Christin!

Post your answers!

1)  Your ScreenName/ Your FirstName  howdyheidi/heidi
2)  General Location - Only be as specific as you are comfortable with PA
3)  Favorite color overall / Favorite color to stamp with Blue/Dark Brown
4)  Favorite stamping technique Marker Thumping
5)  What was your most recent stamping purchase? In august, I make a purchase from Joann.com, Hero Arts Silhouette Bells (on my wish list a long time) and the Piano Solo stamp that Iring shared an image in a KIAE swap.
6)  What is your favorite place to buy stamps or stamping supplies?. I don't know!  I most frequently pick up something at Michaels, but don't love their selection.  Online I have made several purchases from Gina K over the years.
7)  Who do you stamp with? Usually just me!
8)  What Inktoberfest challenge are you going to start with?  Probably Book'Em since I already have an idea for it.
9)  What is your favorite adhesive to use in your stamping projects? Scotch Double stick tape
10) Finish this sentence.  "Never have I ______________?  visited a stamp store. :((((((
11) What is one craft item you should really throw away, but probably never will?  I guess you could also say recycle or give away.  I have the outside container to a doily die that I LOST (maybe I accidentally threw it out??? and I keep the container in hopes that I will one day find it.  Lol
12) RIGHT NOW, is your stamping area cleaner than usual, messier than usual, or usual.  ;D
  usual, it is not cleaned up nor is is completely a disaster.
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 09:22:45 AM »
1)  Your ScreenName/   Stampwilly
2)  General Location - Only be as specific as you are comfortable with  South Carolina
3)  Favorite color overall /  black[/
4)  Favorite stamping technique  using die cuts
5)  What was your most recent stamping purchase?    flowers and embellishments
6)  What is your favorite place to buy stamps or stamping supplies?.  Hobby Lobby
7)  Who do you stamp with?    my stamp club pals
8)  What Inktoberfest challenge are you going to start with?    masterboard/atc's
9)  What is your favorite adhesive to use in your stamping projects?  tape runner and glue dots
10) Finish this sentence.  "Never have I  used electronic die machine -- will be soon though!  YEAH!
11) What is one craft item you should really throw away, but probably never will?    foam stamps
12) RIGHT NOW, is your stamping area cleaner than usual, messier than usual, or usual    usual

Well, I answered several times and tried to make my answers stand out and got this! But at least the answers stand out! LOL! :-\ 

Stampwilly
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 09:28:45 AM by stampwilly »

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 11:42:45 AM »
1)  Your ScreenName/ Your FirstName  SWLady, Kathy ( SW used to stand for south west, now it must be southern Wisconsin, lol
2)  General Location - Only be as specific as you are comfortable with  Southern Wisconsin, hehehe
3)  Favorite color overall / Favorite color to stamp with  purple/ black
4)  Favorite stamping technique Hmm... right now I don't have one
5)  What was your most recent stamping purchase?  I purchased some organizers at Hobby Lobby a few days ago and picked up a new stamp
6)  What is your favorite place to buy stamps or stamping supplies?. Online stores mostly
7)  Who do you stamp with? Once a month I go to a stampinup gathering where we make 3 cards
8)  What Inktoberfest challenge are you going to start with? I've only looked at 2 so not sure yet
9)  What is your favorite adhesive to use in your stamping projects? double sided tape runner
10) Finish this sentence.  "Never have I ______________? been so unorganized. I am in the middle of reorganizing and it's a mess!
11) What is one craft item you should really throw away, but probably never will? Probably all this pattern paper I have that I will never use
12) RIGHT NOW, is your stamping area cleaner than usual, messier than usual, or usual.  It's a total mess, see number 10.

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 12:09:42 PM »
1)  Your ScreenName/ Your FirstName Craft Nerd/ Sarah
2)  General Location - Only be as specific as you are comfortable with Central Florida - near Mickey & Friends
3)  Favorite color overall / Favorite color to stamp with That's a tough one as it changes based upon the seasons - so right now it is probably fall colors/ mainly pumpkin but I'm starting to shift to Christmas
4)  Favorite stamping technique fussy cutting or watercoloring
5)  What was your most recent stamping purchase? I've been on a shopping moratorium, but before that went into effect I placed an order for some really cute stamps from Lili of the Valley - they do free shipping on any order
6)  What is your favorite place to buy stamps or stamping supplies?. probably online but I also go to Michael's and Joann's way too often
7)  Who do you stamp with? All by my lonesome, unless the dogs count because they are usually sleeping on the couch while I stamp
8)  What Inktoberfest challenge are you going to start with? Mixed Media - so it has time to dry
9)  What is your favorite adhesive to use in your stamping projects? My ATG gun
10) Finish this sentence.  "Never have I ______________? Used all the stuff in either my sent or received KIAE
11) What is one craft item you should really throw away, but probably never will?There are too many things to list, which is sad because I've been purging
12) RIGHT NOW, is your stamping area cleaner than usual, messier than usual, or usual. Probably about usual. Although it might be slightly cleaner because I did put some stuff away last night
Sarah

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 02:01:20 PM »

1)  Your ScreenName/ Your FirstName Looser/Daniel
2)  General Location - Only be as specific as you are comfortable with Berwick PA
3)  Favorite color overall / Favorite color to stamp with greens, but I really like fushia & puce. ;D
4)  Favorite stamping technique MASKING
5)  What was your most recent stamping purchase?  Can't recall, but it was probably from I Brake For Stamps
6)  What is your favorite place to buy stamps or stamping supplies?. see previous answer
7)  Who do you stamp with? 3 individuals--me, myself & I
8)  What Inktoberfest challenge are you going to start with? Haven't a clue! Maybe 'Lighten Up' &/or 'Book'em'
9)  What is your favorite adhesive to use in your stamping projects? Gluesticks (Elmer's)
10) Finish this sentence.  "Never have I ______________? been afraid to fail!
11) What is one craft item you should really throw away, but probably never will? Nothing! If I find old stuff it fires my creativity. And I'm not good with 'shoulds'
12) RIGHT NOW, is your stamping area cleaner than usual, messier than usual, or usual.  ;D GOD bless my mess!

Daniel

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 02:36:16 PM »

1)  Your ScreenName/ Your FirstName  CarefreeSadie/Sadie
2)  General Location - Only be as specific as you are comfortable with  Iowa
3)  Favorite color overall / Favorite color to stamp with Blues/Pinks
4)  Favorite stamping technique  All of them (just about)  
5)  What was your most recent stamping purchase?  A set of TIm Holtz Stamps
6)  What is your favorite place to buy stamps or stamping supplies?.  Amazon
7)  Who do you stamp with? By myself usually
  What Inktoberfest challenge are you going to start with? Bookem
9)  What is your favorite adhesive to use in your stamping projects? ATG gun or Beacon Fabric Tac
10) Finish this sentence.  "Never have I ______________?  purged
11) What is one craft item you should really throw away, but probably never will?    Absolutely nothing, I have things from 35 years ago when I first started stamping and they will be here when I die for my children to throw away or not.
12) RIGHT NOW, is your stamping area cleaner than usual, messier than usual, or usual.   It's about usual!  When it's too clean or too messy my back crawls and its not right now so it is usual! 
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 05:44:12 PM »
Its fun reading everyone's responses.  Thanks for starting this Heidi!

1)  Your ScreenName/ Your FirstName      iring/Cindi

2)  General Location - Only be as specific as you are comfortable with   South Florida

3)  Favorite color overall / Favorite color to stamp with  blue/ black, lately Archival Coffee

4)  Favorite stamping technique  I have a love/hate relationship with heat embossing (stray specs, no matter what!)

5)  What was your most recent stamping purchase?  stamps: SU Dancing Santas/paper :  Amer Crafts glitter paper on sale at J's, couldn't resist

6)  What is your favorite place to buy stamps or stamping supplies?. Everything Scrapbook & Stamps, Lake Worth, FL (and Hobby Lobby)

7)  Who do you stamp with? I'm usually alone but I also have fun with Snickerdoodleart (Susan) and an occasional Stamp Camp

8)  What Inktoberfest challenge are you going to start with? I started and almost finished "The Shadow Knows"

9)  What is your favorite adhesive to use in your stamping projects? Scotch adhesive dot roller

10) Finish this sentence.  "Never have I ____been able to keep my desk top clear__________?

11) What is one craft item you should really throw away, but probably never will? it's stressing me out just thinking about throwing something away

12) RIGHT NOW, is your stamping area cleaner than usual, messier than usual, or usual.  ;D  see above.  It's a mess, even messier than usual.

Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 11:46:41 PM »

1)  Far North - Jan
2)  Interior Alaska
3)  orange-red
4)  all of them!  okay, embossing resist
5)  acrylic paints
6)  online Frantic Stamper and Ellen Hutson
7)  just me ;-(  But all of you during events :-)
8) My masterboard and ATCs are on my desk!
9)  ATG
10) "Never have I _? 
11) What is one craft item you should really throw away, but probably never will? I only throw away broken items once I determine there is nothing to recycle.  I try to find a happy home for other things I can't use any longer.
12) RIGHT NOW, is your stamping area cleaner than usual, messier than usual, or usual.  My space is feeling good!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 08:01:37 AM »
I'm loving everyone's answers, even the funny answers help us get to know one another.  TFS!
~~Heidi~~

Offline snickerdoodleart

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 07:57:06 PM »

1)  Your ScreenName/ Your FirstName  snickerdoodleart/Susan
2)  General Location - Only be as specific as you are comfortable with   South Florida, 2 bridges away from iring
3)  Favorite color overall / Favorite color to stamp with yellow/ blues & greens (who am I kidding, I love them all)
4)  Favorite stamping technique again I like them all
5)  What was your most recent stamping purchase?  this morning at Michaels, I couldn't resist 3 stamps for $1.79 each
6)  What is your favorite place to buy stamps or stamping supplies?. Stampin Up & Everything Scrapbook & Stamps
7)  Who do you stamp with? myself, iring, & at stamp camp
8)  What Inktoberfest challenge are you going to start with? bookmark- almost done
9)  What is your favorite adhesive to use in your stamping projects? tacky glue & dimensionals
10) Finish this sentence.  "Never have I ______________? had so little time & so much I want to create
11) What is one craft item you should really throw away, but probably never will? my old red sizzix machine & dies
12) RIGHT NOW, is your stamping area cleaner than usual, messier than usual, or usual.  ;D messier than usual & it's driving me crazy